Chapter Seven: Wizards and Wands

           Book One: Verse VII

        "When you are in need

     Call the one with the wand

      Magical creatures indeed

In the blink of an eye, they will

                     respond,

     Let their essence overflow

  through your wounded hand

            And with one blow

        Your life will be grand."

"How'd it go?" Lisa asked Rob over the phone.

"Sean's such a pain, as usual."

"What?!"

"Don't worry, I got him. Let's just say, I bribed him with something he'd really die for."

"You gave him a car?"

"Exactly."

     Rob spinned his chair and crossed his feet over his desk.

"How's Pauline doing, anyways?"

     Lisa groaned.

"Well, she in. For now. She hasn't asked anything in return, just to make sure that her groom doesn't look like a monster," Lisa chuckled. "As if."

"How's she coping?"

"She's still getting used to the fact that she's going to be married. To someone she doesn't know, in her case. I've already given her Sean's background, about your parents and stuff. She's..." Lisa trailed off.

"She's what?"

"Well, actually, she seemed impressed in the fact that Sean was a former Air Force member. But, she's still a little hesitant. What gets her the most is that she's going to be a part of a huge lie."

"That's my problem with Sean. Aside from his excessive stubborness and naivety, he told me he can't lie to mom. I even used mom's age to scare him to give in. Add the Mercedes."

"You gave him a Mercedes? What about me, what do I get?"

"The satisfaction of the possibility of seeing your bestfriend happy with someone again."

"Wow. Gee, thanks. Wait, are we really setting them up?"

"No. We're just seeing if things will work out between them. I don't want to see my brother suffer anymore. He's gone through a lot. He deserves so much better."

"Well, I think Pauline derserves better, too. All right, then. I'm just going to ready my wand to poof some magic loving here while you create a potion for that stubborn brother of yours. It's my time to return the favor and introduce Pauline a new man."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     After that stressful meeting with Lisa, Pauline decided to go to a bar. Rumor says it's a really great place to forget your troubles. Or get into one.

     After strolling down the sidewalk, she finally found the shop, which, according to her friend, masked the underground pub. Block Booze, it's called.

     She pushed the door open and gave the cash register thifty bucks. She cocked her brow and tilted her head. The woman understood the signal and motioned her to go to the farthest dressing room. She found a barely noticeable door at the side and opened it.