Chapter Six: Insights and Overview

           Book One: Verse VI

     "Knowing you is one of the

    most wonderful things that happened to me. Though I know

    I can't always be there or we 

   can't be together all the time, 

   it's enough that I have you in 

                     my life."

     Rob's office was an image of sleekness and professionalism, far from the troublesome life he used to lead back then.

     Sean felt extremely out of place with his dark leather jacket, dark pants, and black sneakers. Just an exact reflection of his entire being. Plus, it also mirrors his sour attitude towards the wedding plan. A total bullshit, in his opinion.

"Have a seat," Rob said while taking his coat off.

"Ohh, great. This sermon's long for sure."

"On the contrary, Sean, this is not a sermon. More like a brief introduction, on your bride."

"Fake bride."

"However you call it."

     Rob took his chair and sat comfortably.

"So, where do you want to start?"

"I want it to end."

"Perfect to see such eagerness in my brother, considering how crucial it is to know the girl he's marrying."

"Hey, the deal expires after the wedding. Deal's off after one day. No extensions."

"So," Rob continued. "Her name's Pauline Rose Iñiguez, Lisa's best friend since, uh, well, ever since. Twenty-four years old. She's a graduate of Accountancy, currently working in a huge firm in NYC as a senior accountant, and...." Rob gave Sean a teasing glance.

     Sean mouthed an irritated 'what'.

"She's single. She's been single for two years."

"Wow, interesting," Sean mocked.

"Check."

     Sean cocked an eyebrow.

"You two had been single for two years. Bingo."

"You're not going to set me up, are you?"

"No, no, no, no, no. Lisa told me that her friend Pauline is kind of a little unapproacheable, for most guys without balls. And, she rarely smiles."

"Charming."

"Check."

"What?!"

"You rarely smile as well."

"Tss, why would I? There's nothing to be all 'rainbows and unicorns' about."

"Great then. I am very confident you'll both get along. A perfect pair in tow."

     Sean maintained his grim expression.

"Can I go now?"

     Rob gave him a look.

"Sure, go. But you'll gotta have to come back for more informations about your bride-to-be. Let me tell you this," Rob leaned forward. "She's really interesting, I promise. Someone who'll pull your strings. A perfect equal."

"Great. Good bye, then. Adios," Sean said and fixed his jacket while leaving.

"Same time tomorrow, Sean. And take care of the Mercedes! It's expensive."

     Rob looked back at the bio data that Lisa gave him and his brother's own. They have so many things in common. He wished that everything would go well according to the plan. Let the wedding go, and the end.

     Hopefully, his brother would not be so naive and just play his part the best he could.