The Whole Truth

Chandra
"So you gone tell me what's going on or just keep playin'? You know you can talk to me about anything."

"You want the whole truth?"

"Now why would I want part of the story. Don't play dumb with me Lani."

"When I was younger my dad was always off to me. He was to himself all the time and never said more than two words to me until I was about five. My mom told me to stay out of grown folks business when I would ask why daddy wouldn't talk to me. I literally thought he hated me because he would talk to everyone except for me but it would always be in private. One day I heard him talking to someone but we were the only two in the house. Mind you I was five but I knew when something was wrong. He was having a full blown conversation with no one or so I thought. I stayed and listened and eventually I found out her name was Leilani.--"

"What does this have to do with you right now" I cut her off confused.

"Cha shut up and let me finish. You wanted the whole truth so hear me out."

"Fine"

"He was so sweet to this girl. I was so shocked. I had never seen this part of him at all. I swear to God I was so hurt. That was until I heard him say "I know your twin hates that I don't communicate with her she's just too young to know about my gift." This is where he caught me off guard. Nobody in my family had been a twin so it fucked my up in the head. Without looking back or anything he said "Keh I know you're by the door so just come in." When I came in the weirdest shit happened. He gave me a hug and all of a sudden this girl appeared that looked exactly like me. I was more upset that nobody ever mentioned to me that I had a twin and that she died. He told me we were conjoined at birth and they could only save one of us. The little girl spoke to me and after my dad let go of me she was gone.----"

I just let a tear fall down because I knew this was crazy as hell. I thought I was just trippin' when last night when that happened but now I know this is some real scary shit.

"He then explained to me that he had something called claircognizance and it is contagious but when you come in contact with it, it passes off to your offspring when you do something to trigger a nerve in your brain. Something that someone wouldn't normally do. I think he knew that I would do something wrong that's why he was always distant and didn't say shit to me."

"What did you do wrong" I ask

She says "fuck" under her breath so I knew it was something sensitive.

"I haven't ran this by Aug yet so you can't tell him you know exactly why. Aight? He doesn't even know the whole story to be honest.

"Girl just tell me. I don't have to tell August everything we talk about and you know that.

She mumbled something inaudible that ended on the word "dead".

"What you say? Speak up"

"I said 'I brought August back from the dead' but before you say anything just listen to me. I read these articles about him being missing but I knew for a fact that was a lie. A grown ass man does not just leave the face of the earth and nobody knows anything so he had to be dead. Have you ever heard of the game "Charlie , Charlie"?"

"Yeah but what the hell does that have to do with this"

"You ask why something correlates with this story again and I swear I'm not telling you the rest. But anyway, after many failed attempts of replacing the name Charlie with August I just gave up. I doubted myself and took it as just a game. It was a fucking spirit for crying out loud. My dad alway told me to leave that shit alone but I've always been hard headed. So after giving up I prayed and went to sleep but as soon as I did I was suddenly awaken by someone touching me face, moving my hair to its proper location. I have never been this scared in my life. There was a fuckin' ghost in my room. Mind you I really didn't even know he was dead for sure I was just testing the waters. People said he used to haunt Lauren for what she did to him but nobody knows that except for him. Anyway, after he appeared the first time he just didn't stop, that's when I knew I fucked up.

He was in the crossing over stage, not dead nor alive and his time in that stage was coming to an end. I couldn't let him die man even though I knew what would eventually happen to my future kids. Lauren's crazy ass mama put a spell on him thinking he would die and I had to find a way reverse it. This sounds like some bullshit ass movie type shit but I'm deadass. I really couldn't believe it as it was happening. I fell in love with a spirit before he was physically here. That's why I would do anything for him. So when he asked me to have his babies because he need someone to carry his legacy when he is gone in the future, I couldn't say no even though I knew all of the consequences that came with having kids. I damn sure wasn't going to say no when asked me because if I didn't do what he asked he could easily go to someone else and they would've gave him what he wanted.
.
.
.
.
So yeah I've been hiding this but it's only for the better. August would be dead if it weren't for me and my life would be completely different. Because I did this Megan now has something similar to what my dad has but not as severe. I just didn't think it was necessary to broadcast this live like an awards show, I mean it is MY life. I wouldn't trade any of this for anything in the world though. Not even a small detail. These aspects of my life make me who I am and honestly, I feel like Megan is the Leilani I never had. This shit is not easy for me as you can see so that's why I couldn't tell anyone not even you or Aug."

---------

It took me all of twenty minutes to write this so please excuse any mistakes!

~leetsnmi 😌