Haunted Tree- _SpringKitten_

Peter was in India for a business trip. There was a meeting that was going to be held soon and he needed to be there. As he was driving along a road he didn't realize he missed a turn and was going straight into a forest. Peter was driving around a corner when he saw a massive tree in the middle of the road. He slammed down the brakes and stopped an inch in front of the tree. On the side of the road was a bar and he went inside to find out why the tree was there. He asked the bar tender and the bar tender told him the legend "Many years ago, this road was being built and in the middle of where they wanted to make it was a tree. They chopped down the tree and paved it over. That night the truck that carried the tree fell off a cliff. In the morning the tree was there again. The men were determined to make this road so they chopped the tree into fire wood and set it on fire. That night those men died in a fire. The people stopped trying to chop it down because the now believed it was a spirit tree. And ever since it has been there." "What type of tree is it?" Peter asked."No one knows." The bar tender replied.Peter went to the tree to investigate. Just a bit up was a small branch. Peter cut it off and took it home. That night on the plane he woke up to find a cut in his forehead and he had no recollection of how that had happened.He went home and asked his botanist friend to examine the tree branch. The man examined it and said there was no tree ever to be recorded like it.

(Author's Note: This is  _SpringKitten_ 's story and 'Peter' is their grandfather.)