Summer Camp

I was at a summer camp, and it was around midnight. We had been at the campfire with the supervisors when it was time for scary stories. But it wasn't the same tonight, as the younger kids had just left the day before. We were going to set out for the shrine, the shrine of a dead worker, at midnight, to read scary stories. Previously, someone almost stole something from the shrine, so I was already terrified. We got in the golf cart (so classy) and headed to the shrine, which was in the forest. None of us were surprised when it was closed, so we started to head back.About halfway through, the golf cart stopped. It just... stopped. We were all in a panic, we couldn't move and, the supervisors phones Wouldn't turn on. It was pitch black, we had like two flashlights, and I was having a panic attack. But that wasn't what scared me the most. We heard a loud snap, the sound of a twig snapping on the road behind us, but when we shone the flashlight on the area where it came from.Nothing.Nothing but a broken twig. Thank god the golf cart started to work again, and so did the supervisors phones. We went back, and the next morning, one of the supervisors found a painting, a painting belonging to the worker who died, on the same path. We returned it immediately, and we didn't have breakfast at the shrine on the last day of camp that year. We were all too scared.

(Not my story doddlekitt 's story)