Home

We were looking at houses that day, for the second time since my dad and mom had gotten a divorce. I was with my mom and my stepdad, and of course the real estate agent. We went to one particular house that I will remember forever. We were about to go in, and the lock on the door started being weird, and it was like it didn't want us to come in. We had to try five times before the door would open. Already on edge, we set off to explore the house. I went upstairs, leaving my parents alone with the real estate agent. The place had a weird air, and the floor would creek when I walked. I almost got lost, but thankfully found my way back downstairs, to find my mom urging me not to go into the basement. I watched as she went down, the walls were black, the floor was black, the paint was chipped revealing stone, it was damp and wet and it just felt- wrong. I might've been hearing things, but I heard... something. Down there. At this point we had enough of this, we were honestly creeped out by this place. We decided to get out, we had had enough. We rushed to the door.But it wouldn't open.We tried, again and again. But it didn't work. My stepdad and I were busy having a panic attack while my mom and the real estate agent tried desperately to get it open.Eventually, we got it open, to our relief. I ran out of that place as fast as I could. But that house wanted us to stay, forever.

(Not my story also doddlekitt 's story)