[M]OODY

the brunet was skipping down the hallway, bag slung over his shoulder. he thought he could surely get min yoongi to talk to him today. maybe even get him to smile. jimin wondered what the boy's smile looked like. he had never seen it. min yoongi wasn't the smiley type.

but, jimin was.

"ah- yoongi!" jimin squealed when he caught a glimpse of the boy, making min yoongi give him a glance before rolling his eyes and continuing to walk. jimin halted. he huffed, the chocolte brown fringe blowing out of his face as he did so. jimin pulled himself together and ran after the older boy.

"hi!" he said happily when he caught up to the light-haired boy, giving him a big smile. yoongi didn't even shoot him a glance, but jimin remained optimistic.

"i got my test results out today," he continued, oblivious to the fact that min yoongi did not enjoy his company. grinning, he held up a paper. someone, the teacher, had written ninety-seven out of a hundred with a red bullet nib marker. "not bad, huh?"

yoongi shrugged. jimin gasped. he almost thought yoongi was deaf. this was the first time yoongi didn't walk the other way or roll his eyes at the younger boy's happy words.

jimin wore the big smile the rest of the walk home.