[R]ADIANT

yoongi didn't come to the library that night. he just didn't show up. and when jimin realized this, he rose from his seat. at exactly 10:23PM. he tried to hold the tears back when his mother scolded him for coming home late. he really did. but, what was the use? jimin was a crybaby. always had been, and always would be.

that was okay, though. because even though jimin was a huge crybaby, he always remained optimistic. always, always, always. seokjin told him that it was one of the many lovely things about him, and seokjin was always right, wasn't he?

and so, of course, he was still convinced he could make min yoongi smile. even after waiting for the boy for over five hours, even with the boy not showing up, and even with the cold shoulder the boy keeps giving him.

it was a saturday when jimin thought about this, lying in his bed with his eyes glued to the ceiling above. the glow-in-the-dark stars that he had put up when he was eight years old were still there. jimin had made himself his own little galaxy, which included his favourite constellations. orion, lyra, ursa minor and cassiopeia.

jimin's galaxy didn't have a sun. not yet. that was okay, though. galaxies don't need a sun to be complete. just a slightly radiant star was enough. and jimin realized that min yoongi was his radiant star, even if the boy himself didn't know it yet.