Chapter 1

~Lana~ (Unedited)

I shoved my snout out of the shrub. Inhaling a rancid smell as it wafted up my nose. Rogues. I scrunched my nose in disgust, hope I don't smell like that. I tuned in too their conversation.

"James take your group to the pack house as a diversion. Me and my group will head to the women and children." I peaked out of the bush. The rogue that was speaking was huge with tattoos snaking up an down his meaty arms. The guy was smirking and anyone even out of the right mind as me can tell what the man was planning when he gets the women.

I don't know what came over me, but I felt impeccable anger as his group raced off. I The Shadow doesn't give to shits about what happens to packs. I don't feel anything about other people, but some instinct was fighting me against my very nature and beliefs.

I was the one who caused chaos in packs. I killed pack members for fun and the taste of blood. It made me feel invincible and wash all the pain away as I dominated.

Without realizing it I was stalking after the men. Much to my despair out of my own free will. Some unknown force was pulling me after them.

As they reached a cellar door, I heard snarling and growls. Only to become whimpers of pain, then silence. So much for guards.

Snapping the lock the rogues strutted in like they owned the place. I could smell the fear coming off every single female and child in their as the rogues busted in.

I moved closer trying to see what was going on down there.

"We meet again Rachel, or should I say Luna."

"Richard," a feminine voice growled. My blood was boiling, they were in danger with no help. I shook my head, why should I care? I don't care about anything, this has nothing to do with me. I guess no one heard me because the same force pushed me closer.

I jumped the rogue guard and snapped his neck with my teeth. Stalking in my red eyes glowed with rage.

The man had who I guess the Luna of this pack dangling in the air by her throat. Efficiently cutting off her air supply. I growled the most dangerous one I could muster, that'd make anyone piss their pants. My message was clear as day though. Put. Her. Down.

"Looks like your mate joined the party,"the male said happily.Turning around the guy frowned in confusion. "Who the hell are you," he snarled. He sniffed the air and frowned even more.

"Your a rogue," he stated. No dip Sherlock. I took a quick glance around and saw everyone pressed against the walls in fear. I looked at the Luna, on seeing my red eyes and my black fur,her eyes widened and mouth parted open in shock.

"The Shadow," she breathed. The man dropped her and stiffened. I took my chance and lunged. Gripping his ankle with my teeth I yanked. The man sprawled on the ground petrified. He heard the stories. I. Don't. Show. Mercy.

I racked his stomach with claws, making him bleed. His guts spilled out. The taste of blood filled my mouth and all I saw I was red. I went on a rampage. Playing with my prey. Biting him here and there, drawling the agony out even longer.

Once I saw my target stop moving I sprinted out of the safety cellar, with my blood matted coat. I saw ahead of me, what I presumed as the Alpha of the pack. I ran straight at him. Upon seeing me he prepared for an attack.

I lept straight over him and onto the rogue that was sneaking up on him. Snapping the rogues neck, I disappeared into the trees. To others I appeared as a flash of darkness. Nothing more.

     ~Alpha Chad~

We knew of the rogue attack coming. My body tensed as I thought of them getting to my mate, but slightly relaxed knowing she was in the cellar out of harms way. I broke out of my reverie as a group of 50 rogues burst out threw the trees.

I howled out battle cry, and me and my pack launched ourselves into battle. It took a mere 20 minutes before the battle was over. Easy. I felt my beta mind link me.

Is it only me or do you feel that was way too easy too?

Shit! Realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Roaring loudly I mind linked the whole pack.

It was a diversion! Everyone head to the cellars!

I was about to take off when I heard a thump of paws racing across the open field. It was a rogue. Black fur matted with fresh blood. It's red eyes blazing with insanity. I set myself in position and prepared for the attack, but it never came.

I heard a hard crunch and a black blur. Whipping around I saw a brown furred rogue dead behind me. Then I realized. That rogue saved my life. Turning in circles I looked for the mystery rogue before I sprinted off toward the cellars.

Mate. Mate. Got to make sure mate is okay. Reaching the cellars I pushed past everyone and rushed in. I saw my mate leaning against the wall in shock. Shifting back, not caring that I was naked I rushed to my mate.

Brushing her cheek with my finger I whispered if she was okay.

"Shadow," was all she said. I checked her for damage. I growled in anger when I saw bruises made from large hands on her neck.

"Who did this to you?" My eyes turned black with anger. She pointed a shaky finger at the dissembled body on the ground. My eyes widened. It looked like something from a horror film. If I didn't know better I'd think someone took a chain saw and went at him.

"Did you kill him?" My mate did this? She shook her head no.

"Shadow." Again that word. "The Shadow came and saved us all and killed him." I was breathless. The Shadow? The savage that terrorized packs and killed there members, saved everyone here? It didn't make any sense. Why?

I thought back to those distinctive red eyes of that rogue wolf that saved me. Only an Alpha with wolf in full control had red eyes out. Meaning The Shadow was Alpha lineage. Makes sense why they're so strong, but where did this wolf originally come from?

Nothing added up. Walking back to the pack house and into my office I made a call. "Hey Alpha Mason we have a rogue problem and another one as well."

Did you guys like it? Please comment on anything not sure if I did to good on this :o