Chapter 4

~Lana~

(unedited)

As I my wolf and I ran to the edge of the territory, for the first time since I've been with my wolf I didn't feel whole. I didn't feel as if we were one being but separate. Maybe it was a misunderstanding between me and our mate...I tried slowing myself down to think but I couldn't. My wolf was adamant in leaving, for good.

My wolf was the best thing that has ever happened to me. If she wants to go then that has to be the right thing to do right? She's never steered me wrong. She was the one who was with me to cause others to suffer as I had. She was the one who's been with me since I was abandoned. Me and her were one and the same...but why then did a tiny part of my heart feel as if it was breaking as we got closer to the border?

~Mason~

My group went our own way. We planned to surround her and it's either drag her back with silver chains or try getting wolvesbane into her system again. My wolf growled at the thought of her chained an dragged back to the pack house in pain. I agreed. The latter idea was better.

We came prepared this time by bringing a dart gun. We can keep her wolf at bay but finding a way to get her wolf under control and away from it's blood frenzy? Unknown. I have no idea how I can help my mate.

I shook my head. Those thoughts are for later, right now I have to get my mate back.

I give it to her, she's fast. It makes since though Alpha Chad filled me in on about the red eyes and her being Alpha lingege. I don't understand though, how? Where is her family? Out of anyone wouldn't an Alpha realize that his/her child is gone? Alpha's are extremely protective of there loved ones. After we bring her back we must call around.

I felt someone mindlinking me.

Your group needs to push her North, we have people waiting to shoot her with darts as she runs by. It was Alpha Chad. Of course it was, he's the only one from his pack I can mind link with because he's the Alpha.

I nudged the wolves closest to me and jerked my muzzle to the side. They followed me without question. I howled out as loud as I could. Hoping to alert my mate that we were coming from the other side, so she would change course.

I hope this plan works. I need my mate with me, she must be by my side.

I heard howls in the distance. It was like a chain reaction, all the way to my group too. They joined it.

We got your mate. We didn't put any sedative in the wolvesbane this time so she's not knocked out. Hurry.

It took me a second to comprehend that. If my mate was in human form that means...I growled. No one sees my mate like that! My eyes only! I stormed into to where everyone else was, and pushed my way through the circle. My mate sat there with only a shirt on.

I shifted back not caring about my nudeness, marched up to my mate and secured her in my arms. Making sure she was completely covered. I sniffed the shirt, it was one of mine. Good. If she was in anyone else's me being pissed would be an understatement.

No other mans scent will be on her except mine. She's mine. I snuzzled my nose into the side of her neck. Her scent calming my wolf down. She is definitely not leaving my sight ever again.

I felt her lean back, away from my touch. I flinched in pain. My mate doesn't want me. It was a silent walk back to the pack house. Not a word was muttered or whispered. Trudging up the stairs with my mate in my arms I thought of all the questions I should ask her.

How old was she? Where was she from? She was a mystery to me, one I plan on solving.

~Lana~

I didn't make and noise when he carried me up to his room. I didn't lean away from him because I didn't want his touch, quite the opposite. His touch...without my wolf I felt vulnerable and his touch made me want him, to long for him. The feeling was completely foreign to me. I shyed away from things I dont understand, and have always let my wolf deal with anything. She was in control not me.

When he set me down on his bed I expected him to stay with me but instead much to my surprise he grabbed a chair and brought it next to the bed. He walked over to a dresser and pulled a pair of shorts out. I suddenly blushed. I forgot about his nudity.

He may have his manhood covered but his chest was still mocking me as he sat down in the chair. His eyes pierced into mine, not looking away just staring. I felt as he could see my soul and see everything I've ever done. Finally he spoke.

"What is your name?" Do I dare say? "If it's any easier my names Mason." He gave me and encouraging smile.

"Lana." It just slipped out.

His smile got wider. "Lana is beautiful. What's your last name princess?" My face paled and got dark.

"I don't have a last name." The women called my mother never told me my father's name and I sure as hell don't want my sorry excuse of a mother's name.

I think he realized it was a touchy subject for me so he didn't push it. "Where are you from?" This question was no problem.

"The woods." Poor guy looks confused when I said that.

"So you were a rogue your whole life?" I just nodded. It felt so easy to talk to him, even though I know I shouldnt be giving out any information to him. I'm going to be leaving soon anyway, but I cant help but feel and attachment to him.

"No family then?" I clenched my jaw at that and managed to spit something out.

"There never was." I glared at the wall so hard, that I could have burned it with my eyes if I was able too. I felt him grab my hand and he looked deep into my eyes.

"You have me." I saw the sincerity in his eyes. I saw the concern he had for me and softened for a second before I remembered what my wolf wouldve wanted me to say.

"I don't need anyone." I pulled away and turned my back on him. A tear escaped and slid down my cheek. I'm not sure if I'm trying to convince him or myself.

I have the next chapter completely planned out and then some, so the updates will definitely not be as slow. Tryouts are over with so im stress free now lol expect faster updates ^^