Chapter 3

~Lana~

(unedited)

The scent of food made me wake up. My stomach growled with excitement. Food. I turned my head to see the delicities next to me. Mouth watering pancakes, with bacon an eggs were tempting me. I didnt care about the fact that it could be drugged.

That food is going in my stomach. Now. I didn't waste anytime devouring it. Moaning when the crisp taste of bacon touched my lips. 

A chuckle to my right shocked me like no other. Dumping the food off on the side table I grabbed the plate an launched it like a frisbee to the door. Only to have my mate..scratch that, traitorous mate duck out of the way. Much to my disappointment.

Pouting slightly I turned back to my food. My notorious rampage to fill my needy stomach couldn't even deter me from keeping my eye on my mate. I saw movement in the corner of my eye. Leaping up I was crouched on the bed. Ready to strike. I was a cornered animal.

He put is hands up as to say I come in peace. I didn't buy his crap, nor will I ever again. He took a step closer and I attempted to growl but it wouldn't come. I still couldn't feel my wolf. Instead I gave the best glare I could muster up. He came even closer. I jumped back grabbing onto the broken lamp on the ground I chucked it at him as with as much force as I could.

He ducked. I glanced around looking for more objects to throw at him. I was angry. So undeniably angry. "Where is my wolf?!"

I needed her. I can't be the little girl I used to be. That girl is gone. I am now a killer.

"We injected you with wolvesbane...it will wear of eventually." I lept at him, if I had my wolf I would have claws and teeth extended but now I'm as useful as a simple human. The impact sent us tumbling to the ground. He took the impact from the ground but as quick as lightening I was pinned to the ground, his body straddling mine.

"Come on now mate, play nice." His eyes danced with silent laughter. I softened for a second before my eyes hardened.

"Get off of me!"

"No! Your mine whether you like it or not!" I felt my eyes getting darker by the second, but I couldn't fully grasp onto my wolf. Without being to shift I was only that little vulnerable girl again. Abandoned in the woods.

(Flashback)

Soft crys escaped past my lips. "Mommy why did you leave me? Why did you hate me so much?" Light drops of rain cascaded down upon my small body. I didn't understand. What did I do that could cause a mother to hate her own child. Every car that passed the road was like deja vu of my mother driving away without me. It just hurts too much to think about. I was so vulnerable at a late age, and when I got my wolf it was someone that filled a tiny part of the hole in my heart.

(Flashback over)

I didn't even know there was a tear trickling down my cheek till I saw my mates shocked face. Scrambling from under him I raced to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Breathless gasps were all I could here. I haven't cried since that day. I shook my head. What is my mate doing to me. This isn't me.

I stayed there for I don't know how long. When I felt the familiar feeling of someone taking over, I let it happen. I let my wolf run the show. What I didn't expect was for her to force shift me. I was like a ghost watching this play out. My bones snapped and my fur grew. We were one again in wolf form.

Our lethal body moved and broke down the bathroom door. My wolf was on a rampage after being blocked from me. Taking a running leap we jumped through the window and landed on all four paws from a two story window.

She didn't like being trapped and confined. She was a free being that did what ever the hell she wanted. No mate will pin her down, but at the same time she didn't feel the heart wrenching pain that I did at the thought of leaving our mate. The human side being so much more sensitive.

We raced threw trees as we tried putting distance between us and the pack house that has become our prison.

We only faltered when we heard a heart broken howl behind us at the pack house.

~Mason~

"Stop pacing boy and spit it out." I didn't know how to explain my new discovery, I was so anxious.

"You know how we injected the Shadow with wolvesbane right? She actually showed emotion other than complete hatred. I had her pinned trying to control her when her eyes suddenly unfocused. It seemed like she was in a completely different world. She started crying out of all things." I paused. "The look on her face was so heartbreaking I even almost cried."

"So your saying without her wolf she shows vulnerability?"

"Yes and even in human form her eyes are red because her wolves always in control, what I'm thinking is that it's her wolf that is corrupted and acting on anger. That the real person behind the wolf isn't a murderous killer."

"So if we separated her thoughts from her wolf's thoughts..."

"She can be tamed." I finished.

A guard busted through the door in fear. Alpha's she's escaped!"

I growled. I howled as loud as I could. Your not escaping me mate, especially not after theres hope to help you.