𝟎𝟓. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒

(CHAPTER FIVE : LOVE KILLS)

(CHAPTER FIVE :
LOVE KILLS)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

KOL MIKAELSON RARELY DID favours for anyone unless he gained something from it, obviously. Considering I was romantically involved with him at one point, I should've known that and not expected anything less when I phoned him. He wouldn't simply just collect the ingredients Davina Claire needed, instead he had to bargain with me whilst questioning how I — someone born with magic in their veins — couldn't access basic spell ingredients and held such little knowledge. In the past, I wasn't an expert liar and so as a human, I was all the more cautious of my beating heart revealing too much, so opted to agree to the vampire's demands. The Original had the obscure request of teaching me magic in return, he wanted a witch on his side because his brother had been testy lately and I hastily acceded.

In relief, I slumped my shoulders and spared a glance at the sour-faced witch that had witnessed my side of the long phone call. "Don't give me that look, I had to call your precious boy toy." I said mockingly. Now I was allowed to drop the pretence of Adelina, some bitterness had dripped into my voice in regards to her relationship with my ex. "I thought we established that I'm not a real witch, I didn't even understand half of the list you texted me and I certainly never made a habit of associating myself with your kind back in my old body." I shivered, flashbacks of what a coven did to one of my friends, one of their own, back in the seventies haunting me.

Davina attempted to shift her injured ankle into a more comfortable position as she edged closer to me. "You're one of my kind now." She insisted, but I wasn't like her at all. I was a witch without access to her own magic being used by a scorned Mikaelson woman. "And we need to be this in together. If you try to double-cross me, you will regret it." She swore, the witch's point being crystal clear in spite of her being the one in a vulnerable and compromising position.

"Exactly." I drawled. "The two of us are in this together, so it's only fair that I give you a few friendly warnings. First, I won't underestimate you. I know how strong and powerful you are, Davina, but don't threaten me. It's a mistake you'll grow to regret because it doesn't matter what body I'm in, I've had more supernatural experience than you ever will." I started to pace the area where she had her foot propped on a stool, circling her like a vulture. "And second, I'd advise you keep your distance from Kol and the other Mikaelsons after today. I don't want to see another teenager get caught in their crossfire of their eternal family struggles, I don't want them to be the death of you." I cautioned the brunette, speaking from my heart and being genuine in not wanting my newfound friend to die. Even if she was a witch, she was still a teenager trying to find her place in the world amidst a tremulous war

"I know what I'm getting myself into." Davina insisted, more bark than bite. "I know they're dangerous, he's dangerous, but this is New Orleans! We're always at war and collateral damage happens." Words that were once said to Marcel by Klaus were relayed, the air growing thick as the parroted sentence hung heavy in the air. Nobody should have to accept they could be collateral damage for the sake of a boy.