Chaper 7

"HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT!" I scream the next morning.
"WHAT ABOUT ME?" yells Jim. "YOU SAID I WAS A HUGE BRUTE PREDATOR AND DESERVES TO DIE!"

Jack just sits staring into the sky and growls "How dare you insult my family like that. Don't think I didn't hear you whispering last night."

We all begin to fight, clawing at each other. As we do, we begin edging closer and closer to the top of the cliff, with a view of the lake below.

"I can't believe you would talk about me and my family like that, saying they were cowards and too weak to fight off anything!" says Jack angrily. ¨Maybe " so. exclaims Jim. ¨After all, they must be where you got it from.¨Jack lunges at him, eyes bloodshot with anger  and Scott falls from the edge, twisting around, trying to land on his feet, but it was too late. His back hits a sharp spire of rock with a terrible splintering sound and he falls into the lake far below.

It begins to snow. "And as for YOU!" he screeches at me "You think my family was a bunch of weaklings who couldn't even fend for themselves and only knew to run, like a herd of deer."

"Oh yea, and I don't suppose you know anything about you and Scott whispering about how I don't belong around any other animals because I'm just a filthy, scavenging fox and I should just get lost!¨ I spit. I arch my tail and speed toward Jack and scratch at his nose. He howls in pain, and slashes at my side. As I slide through the snow I yelp. I run at Jack and clench my jaws around his neck. He tries to get me off, thrashing and swinging me around. I press down with my teeth as hard as I can as he swings me into a tree and i'm knocked out.