makeover [10]

chapter 10

andrea's pov.

i took a deep breath as i looked into the mirror.

This is a habbit that i had began to develope; staring at myself in the mirror for long periods of time.

the intake of breath comes out shaky and i finally glance down at the plush carpet beneath my feet.

I'm currently wearing an old t-shirt and no-pants. and when i glance at my thighs, i gulp.

i trace my finger on my inner thigh and bite my bottom lip when i feel faded stretch marks.

they're ugly. i'm ugly.

i close my eyes for a moment and let out another breath before walking to my nightstand and turning off the lamp that was the only source of light in my room other than the small alarm clock that is placed next to my lamp.

i slowly reach over to touch my bed to make sure i end up on my bed, not on the floor. once my fingers felt the comforting surface of my grandmothers old quilt, i quietly jump onto my bed and when i bounce about twice, i lightly giggle thinking of childhood memories.

"tomorrow will be better" i try to motivate, and although my soft voice is weak, i try my best to believe those four words before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

when i awake from the loud shrill alarm, i try my hardest not to think about what will happen at school but instead about my apperence. i wanted to look okay today... maybe even good?

i shut my alarm off in a number of seconds, not wanted to wake my mom, and sit up.

after stretching my arms and popping my back, i finally pull the covers off me and shiver as the cold air hits my bare feet.

i first go to my closet and set the outfit i picked on my bed then retreat to the bathroom.

after brushing my teeth and washing my face, i do my makeup: i only use eyeliner and mascara because i don't want to wait for foundation to set in, or risk getting it on any of my cloths.

feeling more refreshed, i walk back inside my bedroom and pull my night shirt over my head. i pick up the black ripped skinny jeans i picked and easily pulled them over my legs, then pulled the t-shirt i chose over my head. it was plain white on the front and had the gold adidas symbol on the back.

i looked at the time and quickly took my hair out of the french twists i put them in last night, leaving my hair in loose curls.

i didn't check any social media, just sent out a streaks snapchat.

why was i so damn nervous? i felt so pathetic moping around like some depressed puppy.

"it'll be fine!" i encourage myself

i laugh, thinking about how stupid i've been acting. god im petty

i skip downstairs and grab a water bottle, im not hungry.

after gulping about half of it down i walk out the door.

the fresh morning air slightly burns my nostrils and i enjoy the slight feeling as i walk to my bustop, humming a random song i heard on the radio.

when i arrive i see the bus just pulling up and Jason smiling at me, walking in my direction.

suddenly i gulp with fear as Amanda's words play through my head again and again.

stay away.

i quickly rush past him before he can get a word in and hop on the bus, next to a random person so that i wont have to see him.

i turn my head and internally groan when i see the person im sitting next to.

----------

a/n

sorry i haven't updated in ages! i've been vv busy, ill try to update again soon but its probably gonna be next week because im going to Digi (:

love you guys! xo

-andrea