Chapter One

"Snow is fallin' all around me, children playin' having fun!" I sang as I danced around my bedroom getting ready for school. It was the last week of school, finally. I looked at myself in my full-length mirror before going downstairs. I was wearing black leggings, a white knitted jumper and black block heel boots. I'd braided my hazel-coloured hair into a fishtail braid, and it hung down my back to just below my shoulder blades. I smiled at my reflection. Today was one of the few days that I actually felt good about myself.

I walked downstairs, still singing, to the kitchen where I made myself a hot chocolate. I grabbed a pan, some eggs and a loaf of bread and began making myself french toast for breakfast.

Once I'd finished, I said goodbye to my mum and my little brother Charlie and headed out the door.

As I was walking along the street to the bus stop, I smiled to myself. I really loved Christmas. The music, the atmosphere, the weather, everything.

I arrived at the bus stop only to find my ex-best friend, Kaleb. My mood immediately dropped.

Kaleb and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. But for some reason, for the past five months, he has been completely ignoring me. He won't answer my texts, he walks straight past me at school and pretty much treats me as if I'm invisible. I know I should probably talk to him about the situation, but its not that easy.

"Hi Kaleb." I said as I sat down on the bench next to him. He was wearing black jeans, a blue-grey hoodie and white sneakers. He didn't even look up, but grunted a vague hello.
I sighed, my happy mood completely ruined. What on earth could I have done to deserve this?

We'd been there for eachother through everything! He'd comforted me when my cat died and I'd been there when his ex-girlfriend broke up with him. I wish I could just ask him what went wrong... but I can't.