Chapter Eight

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I've forgiven Kaleb way too fast and way too easily. The truth is, when someone apologises so sincerely, it's hard to stay mad. Especially if they're important to you.

                              ***

We arrived at the mall and climbed out the car. Suddenly, a thought occured to me. What if Kaleb was bringing me here to play a prank on me? Or abandon me? All my worries disappeared when Kaleb smiled, took my hand, and led me into the mall.
"So, are you excited for tonight?" Kaleb asked as we walked through the mall.
"Yep. But I'm also really nervous. I haven't performed in ages." I replied.
"You'll be absolutely fine." Said Kaleb, smiling.
"Come on, let's look in here!"
He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the store and started rooting through the  rails of clothing, pulling out dresses for me to try.
"Ok, now, try these on and show me each one." He ordered, shoving the tower of dresses into my arms and taking a seat outside the change rooms. Laughing, I stepped into a stall and pulled the curtain shut.

Kalebs POV

It was so great to be friends with Casey again. I regeret everything I did to hurt her. I still can't believe I listened to Andrea. I'm so lucky Casey forgave me.
My train of thought was intereupted as Casey stepped out of the dressing room in a bright pink dress covered in frills and sequins.
"I don't think this is the one Kubs!" She said, laughing. I loved it when she called me that.
"Definitely not!" I replied.
"Go and change immediately!"
Laughing, she walked back into the changing room and returned moments later in a short, skin-tight black dress.
"No way." She said. "This is way too tight and way too short."
Before I could say anything, she turned around and stepped back into her stall.

When she came out for a third time, my jaw dropped in awe. She was wearing a gorgeous long white dress with an open back and lace detailing. The sleeves were entirely lace and came to her wrists. She looked absolutely stunning.
"This is the one Case, you look gorgeous!" I gabbled.
"I'm not sure about gorgeous, but I really like it." She said, smiling at me.

Ten minutes later, after arguing with Casey to let me pay, we walked out of the store and headed towards Starbucks.
"I honestly can't thank you enough Kaleb." Casey said for the millionth time.
"Case, if you don't stop saying that, I will leave you here!" I said, laughing.
We sat down at Starbucks and ordered our drinks. Suddenly, Baby it's cold outside started playing on the radio. Without thinking, I jumped up and started singing. Soon, Casey joined in and in the end, everyone was singing with us. When the song finished, everyone burst into applause. I hugged Casey, who laughed shyly as the applause and cheers continued to ring out around us. I honestly could not be more excited to perform with her at the dance.