Chapter Four

I had never felt like such utter crap on my entire 17 years of living. As I sat in the bathroom, crying, I texted my mom, asking her to come pick me up. I sighed and opened the door to the cubicle I'd been in. I walked over to the sink and washed my face.
I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a total mess. My mascara was running down my cheeks and my eyes were red and puffy. I didn't care. I just wanted to go home. I really hoped no one came in and saw me in this state. To my dismay, at that very moment who should walk in but Andrea Smith. Andrea was the prettiest, meanest and bitchiest girl in school. She took one look at me and burst out laughing.
"Aww, Casey, I heard about Kaleb." She smirked. "Is someone a little sensitive? Honestly, I'm not surprised he won't talk to you. I mean, look at you." She cackled like the evil witch she is and walked away. Great. Could today get any worse?

When I arrived home, I changed into sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. I undid my hair and shoved it into a messy bun on top of my head. How was I going to survive performing a romantic scene from Romeo and Juliet with someone who caused me so much pain? I got up, went downstairs, made myself a hot chocolate and grabbed a bag of chips from the cupboard. I went back to my room and decided to at least read the balcony scene from the play so I was familiar with my lines. As I was reading, My phone buzzed. I ignored it. I did not feel like talking to anyone.

                              ***

As I was reading, my phone buzzed again, and again, then a third time. I picked it up to switch it off. I saw 4 messages from Amy asking if I was ok amd saying how much of a jerk Kaleb was. I climbed under my duvet. If I had just one wish this Christmas, I thought, it would be for Kaleb to talk to me again.
My phone goes off again. Another message from Amy: Hi again Case, just to let you know, there's a Christmas dance on Friday at school and they're looking for people to perform. Would you be interested? You have an amazing voice so please audition! Hope all's ok. A xx.
Performing did sound fun, but I was not interested in going to the dance.  I couldn't dance to save my life and I've never enjoyed school dances. I'd have to think about it. I quickly replied to Amy: Hi Amy. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to think about it. C x.
Exhausted from a long and emotionally draining day, I lay down and fell into a deep sleep.