6

Day

Mikaelson's Compound - Room

Laurette had not died, Elijah wouldn't let it happen after the vow he made of caring for her. He knew the girl as much as he used to know Celeste and there was no way Laurette preferred death if she was in her right mind.

She was truthful on one thing, Elijah would give her that. Death did something to her. Being so abruptly ripped away from her afterlife made her feel insecure and odd and being back she was being defensive, wanting to return to what she knew. And that was being dead.

Elijah had to help her heal.

And if that meant keeping her alive until her mind healed, he was going to do that.

But she was making it hard.

Elijah walked inside the room he settled for Laurette after he had a discussion with Klaus about his choices of women -specially the latest being the one who tortured their sister-.

"Laurette?" Elijah called. Laurette was on the balcony, climbing it. He sighed speeding over to her, grabbing her from the waist, rushing her to the other side of the room, "What did we say about windows, Laurette?"

Laurette struggled against Elijah's strong grip, sighing in defeat when he didn't budge, looking down "Stay away from places where I can easily kill myself"

Elijah let her go slowly, nodding.

It hadn't been an easy or calm month for him. Rebekah had gone after Klaus allowed her too after her betrayal. Klaus was sleeping with the woman who tortured them both and the one Elijah trusted not even the slightest and Laurette being suicidal just to bring Alexandra, the original harvest witch from the death and Hayley had decided to leave with her family to the bayou.

Elijah had a lot to deal with and out of everyone, he was to be expected to look like he had everything under control. That nothing bothered him though he struggled as much if not more than them.

"And how are we doing that?" Elijah asked, tilting his head, examining Laurette critically "How many times have you tried to kill yourself today?"

"Just this time" Laurette answered. Elijah raised both eyebrows, unconvinced. She sighed in exasperation, throwing her hand up "This may be the third time. Happy? The first one, one of Marcel's vampires stopped me, the second Marcel did and now you" She glared at him, "Just let me die"

"I'm not letting you die" Elijah told her calmly, walking past her. Laurette turned to face him, scowling. "I thought I had made clear that when I fed you of my blood when you tried the first time a month ago"

"And since then I've been watched day and night" Laurette replied in annoyance. "I'm taking time of that girl who is right now being bullied by our ancestors..." she looked up at him, slyly "A 16 year old. A child in your eyes is being hurt. Are you gonna let her continue with her suffering?"

Elijah smirked slightly to himself, shaking his head, knowing what Laurette was doing "Using my own words against me won't work. I'm not killing a child to save another. So excuse me if I'm keeping you alive" Laurette sighed, looking down in defeat. Elijah softened slightly his voice "You had no chance to live your life before, Laure. Just try to live it before you decide to try to kill yourself again..." He held his hand, giving her a look "So please hand over that knife I know you're hiding" Laurette made a face, giving him a small knife she had hidden in her pocket. "I don't know how you keep getting ahold of this"

Laurette shrugging, smiling innocently.

Elijah sighed, shaking his head.

"When do I get to go with the other witches, Elijah?" Laurette asked. "You once said it. I'm not with my people, I want to be with them. I can't keep practicing my magic around vampires, that's unnatural"