9

Present Day

Day

New Orleans - Lycée Greenhouse

Genevieve and Laurette returned for a coven meeting.

Monique looked smug as she related what had happened. How the ancestors communicated with her and informed her they wanted Genevieve dead.

As always since they both came back from the death, Laurette didn't like the tone she was using.

"And who put you in charge?" Laurette asked frowning, crossing her arms.

Monique looked smug and proud "I communed with the ancestors. They said it's time for Genevieve to sacrifice herself"

Genevieve took a deep breath nervously.

Laurette raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"Of course" Genevieve told them, nodding slightly "It will be an honor to fulfill my duty to our coven" She shook her head "But it's not quite my time yet"

Monique pursed her lips "The ancestors were very clear. We need for you to die so our community can have the full power of the Harvest"

Laurette's eyebrows furrowed, tilting her head. What about me?

"Careful, Monique" Genevieve warned "Not so long ago, I was one of those ancestors. A spirit forced to watch as little by little, witches surrendered everything to vampires. We may no longer live under Marcel's thumb, but I for one don't particularly enjoy answering to Elijah, either"

Laurette interrupted Genevieve before she could continue "What about the fifth harvest girl? Isn't time for her to return as well?"

Laurette looked at Monique expectantly as she was the one the ancestors communicated with.

Monique glared at Laurette, speaking through gritted teeth "They didn't mention you at all"

Genevieve frowned, titling her head aside "Which means they still want you alive" Laurette pursed her lips, rolling her eyes, looking away. Genevieve sighed, shaking her head looking at Monique "Before I take my leave, I'd like to ensure that you have the power to control your own fate. The Mikaelsons' mother Esther was a powerful witch. Her spell book contains enchantments that we can use to our own ends. I can steal it for our coven and we'll never be held in subjugation again" Laurette smiled to herself knowingly. She is wrong if they're gonna let their guard down for you to steal from them. They're not stupid. "You'll have your sacrifice. But, I have things to do before I die"

Laurette pursed her lips looking down. Why it's my death delaying so much?

~8~

Lycee - Outside - Garden

Laurette was doing some nature spells making flowers grow and die.

It had been a while since the meeting and she needed some time alone and fresh air to think about her unwanted life.

She had heard Genevieve and Klaus talking earlier inside the Greenhouse and tried to be quiet as to not attract unwanted attention from Klaus. She still didn't like his presence.

But her quietness didn't last long until said hybrid interrupted her "And they say the quiet witches are the ones with more power"

Laurette scoffed, rolling her eyes "Are you here to get your leg broken again?"

Laurette raised an eyebrow, looking at Klaus over her shoulder.

Klaus chuckled in amusement "Now, love. That's not a way to greet a guest, especially when we are supposed to get along all the species"