Chapter 22: Photographs and Memories

"Lock the door," Lauren instructed Camila as she trailed behind, following her into her room.

Camila obliged and made her way back over to Lauren, who was staring her down from only a few feet away. Camila walked into her open arms and Lauren seized her body readily. She brought their lips back together in a kiss designed to resume what they'd started outside. Smooth hands were caressing Camila's curves and roaming beneath her loose clothing. She'd just attached her lips to her neck again before Camila spoke up. This was bothering her. It wasn't sanitary. Being outside and smelling that way was one thing, but it was different and more prominent now that they were in her room.

"Babe, wait," Camila stalled breathily. "Let me shower, first."

"It's fine," Lauren dismissed her concern.

"Lauren," Camila reiterated and leaned out of her hold.

"Seriously?" Lauren stopped kissing her neck momentarily to look at her.

"You know I don't like to do anything when I'm all sweaty," Camila mumbled and reserved her stance.

"You started this," Lauren reminded her. Sex surprisingly hadn't even been on her mind. Usually, she was the one guilty of beginning such a thing.

"I know what I did," Camila said defiantly. "But I also need to shower before we continue."

Lauren paused with her hands around her waist and let her go with a sigh. "Go ahead. You always do this..."

"What am I doing?" Camila replied in confusion.

"Starting something you won't finish," Lauren grumbled, now agitated and unfulfilled. "Always fucking teasing."

"I'm not teasing you this time, and I always finish," Camila smirked and made another innuendo. "Actually, I plan on helping you finish once I get out."

"Yeah, yeah. Just hurry up," Lauren waved off her banter and sat on the bed with a huff. Camila couldn't just initiate that out of nowhere and leave. Lauren now had needs that caused for attention, but the one that could relieve her thought it would be a nice time to take a shower. Typical.

With a coy smile, Camila separated from her to get her change of underwear from her suitcase. Lauren fell back against the bed in a minor annoyance. Camila blew her a kiss and straightened out her ruffled clothing before she sauntered towards the bathroom. She pushed the door closed gently and Lauren rolled her eyes.

Lying in her childhood bed, Lauren gazed around her room. Never before had she invited anyone past that threshold. No girl had ever made her way into her sanctuary. Lauren had friends over often, but never someone of importance like Camila was. All of her flings fizzled out and lost merit long before she'd even considered bringing her home. It started and ended at school. No one had ever lasted for her, the way Camila was lasting. No one had ever given her the inclination to venture into each other's lives beyond school, to introduce her to the family, or to build a real relationship with all of its components the way Camila did. No one had given her the more, and she'd never offered it to anyone but Camila. It was so strange to consider Camila when she considered her future.

Without thinking explicitly, Lauren began to assess what was about to happen. Having sex with Camila was nothing new and a quite typical occurence, but the monumental aspect was in their location. Something felt strangely sentimental about having her here, and soon in her bed. Without the ability to name anything specific, Lauren felt that there was something sacred about having her here, rather than an impersonal hotel room or an inappropriate location, spur of the moment. There were more feelings involved than had ever been before. There was a new level of intimacy they were about to unveil. Lauren's room was very private, as was her house and meeting her family, yet Camila had broken those barriers. Camila was infiltrating everything Lauren called her own. What was hers was becoming theirs. She was sharing new parts of her that were reserved exclusively for Camila. Camila wasn't her first, yet she was - under a different lens. She was her first for several things.