Chapter 1

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was how horrible my head felt.

I dazedly opened my eyes. The sunlight from up above practically blinded me and gave me a massive headache.

Where am I?

I carefully sat up, trying to ignore the intense pain lingering in the back of my head. I tentatively reached my hand back to feel for any injuries. There was a large lump on the back of my head and some dried blood. I figured I must have hit it somehow. Looking up, I saw the faint outline of a large hole in the ground. I racked my brain, trying to remember how I fell into it. Or why I was there in the first place. Or what I was doing on the surface. Or what anything was like on the surface. I gasped for air, trying to remember something, anything, but it was no use. A searing pain in my head brought me back to my senses.

My head hurt so bad.

I looked around the chasm where I was now sitting on a massive pile of golden flowers. Those must have been what had saved my life when I fell down.

I needed to stand up. Grimacing at the idea of putting myself in more pain, I slowly put both feet underneath me and forced myself up. Apart from some massive bruises and extremely sore muscles, I couldn't find any injuries. I looked around the room again, taking in my surroundings, not that there was much to take in. The whole room was pitch dark and had nothing in it, apart from the bed of flowers. The only thing making it possible to see at all was the small patch of light coming from the chasm.

That gave me an idea. If I had fallen into the hole, maybe there were people up there looking for me!

"Hello?" I tried to say, but a long time without speaking made voice crack. I cleared my throat and tried again.

"Hello!?"

I waited for a few moments. No luck. I figured that would happen. This cave was way too deep and even if people were looking for me, I doubted they would check down here. Anybody who had fallen would surely be dead. It really was a miracle that I had survived.

I felt alone. I was stuck in an enormous chasm with no memories of who I was or how I got here. If only there was a way to trigger my memory.

How do I get out of here? I thought to myself, looking around the cave for the third time. This time, noticing a large hallway at the end of the room. It didn't look natural. The way it was carved out of the stone made it look man-made. If it was man-made, that meant I wasn't the only one down here! Ignoring the pulsing pain in my head, I ran to the hallway and followed it.

I practically flew down the hall. However, something at the end made me stop. There was a massive grey doorway which led into another cave. This cave had no light source and I couldn't see anything in front of me. My breath caught in my chest. Maybe I shouldn't go in there, I thought to myself. It was rather frightening, being stuck, alone in a dark cave system with no hopes of escaping. Maybe I should just turn around...

I shook my head. There was no way I was going to let something as silly as fear keep me from getting back up to the surface. Maybe there, I could remember who I was. I took a deep breath and walked inside. The moment I stepped through the door, a small flower popped up right in front of me. I gasped and stumbled backwards. As far as I knew, there was no way a flower could grow that fast. Especially with no sunlight. A weird sense of dread crept it's way into my stomach. I felt really uneasy around this flower. The way the shadows fell on it made it look like it had a face. Suddenly, the head of the flower moved and I saw that it really did have a face. I scrambled backwards again, breathing rapidly.

"Golly! You sure are jumpy, aren'tcha?"

I stared in shock as the flower spoke. There was no way. Flowers on the surface didn't do that! At least, I didn't think they did... I couldn't quite remember...

The flower smiled at me. "Howdy!" It said cheerfully. After a moment's hesitation, I smiled back, feeling better. There was nothing to be afraid of, really. Even though it defied the laws of nature, this flower seemed friendly. Besides, it was the only other source of life I had seen so far.

"Hi," I said awkwardly, "What's your name?"

"I'm Flowey, Flowey the Flower!"

Even the flower's voice made me uneasy. It spoke with a high pitched voice that made it seem almost sarcastically happy. My smile faltered and I felt the urge to leave, to get away from Flowey as fast as possible. I shook myself again.

He's just a flower, what harm could he do?

"You're new to the Underground, aren'tcha?"

Flowey's voice startled me from my thoughts. I nodded. So that's where I was. The Underground. Admittedly, It wasn't a very creative name.

"Golly! You must be so confused! Someone aught to teach you how things work around here!"

Yeah, that would be nice, I thought, nodding to myself.

"I guess little old me will have to do!"

I smiled. This cute little flower was offering to help me! At this rate, I'd be back up to the surface in no time! Then, I could finally regain my lost memories.

Before I could reply, something strange happened. A glowing red heart was pulled from me and was hovering a few feet in the air, right in front of Flowey. I stared in awe. Written on the heart were a whole bunch of letters and numbers.

LV 1      HP 20/20

"See that heart?" Flowey said, "That is your soul! The very culmination of your being!"

My soul? I stared at the heart in wonder.

"Your soul starts off weak, but can grow strong if you gain a lot of LV."

I reread the letters again.

LV 1      HP 20/20

"What's LV stand for? Why, LOVE of course!" Flowey smiled kindly. "You want some LOVE don't you?"

I nodded. I still had no idea what love was, or what it was used for down here, but I knew that I really wanted some.

"Down here, LOVE is shared through... Little white... "Friendliness pellets"."

6 blinking white dots appeared in the air above Flowey.

"Try to catch one!"

The friendliness pellets started slowly moving towards me. I reached my hand out and noticed that my soul moved as well. The friendliness pellets passed through my hand, but the minute one touched my soul, all I could feel was pain. Flowey started laughing maniacally. His cute smile had turned into a sinister grin. My HP had gone from 20/20 to 1/20.

"You idiot" Flowey said still laughing. "In this world, it's kill or BE killed."

I stared in shock at Flowey. He was being so nice, what happened?

"Why would anyone pass up an opportunity like this?" Flowey said

"Wait, like what?" I responded.

Suddenly the blinking white pellets surrounded me in a complete circle. There was no way out.

Flowey laughed again and said one more word.

"Die"