Chapter 3

"So how do these look?" Nives asked twirling around looking at the new pair of heels on her feet. "I think they'd go perfect with your dress."

"Chase won't be able to keep his hands off you." I giggled as she started blushing at the thought of her mate. She met Chase on her 16th birthday, they instantly fell in love.

I envy the love they have for each other but I'm not a werewolf so I don't have a mate. I must go out into the world and take a guess at who my true love is. All I want is for someone to love me as much as Chase loves Nives, you can just tell by the way he looks at her how much he truly loves her.

"So are you excited this is your first werewolf ball?" Nives asked slipping off the heels and plopping down on to the couch next to me. "Oh yup, I'm so excited to be in a room full of perfect werewolves." I said sarcastically.

"Who knows some hot werewolf guy might take interest in you." She said winking at me. "Please he has a mate out there somewhere. Why would he want a fat human?" I sighed. "Well the king doesn't have a mate. He's doomed to eternity alone without a mate." She explained, "I truly feel sorry for him, having to rule without a queen. He refuses take any other shewolf to be his queen besides his mate. I mean it's not like he needs an heir or anything. The man is immortal." I looked at her puzzled. "My point is not every werewolf has a mate."

"Let's stop talking about sad stuff. Now go get your ass in that shower so we can get ready, it's already one in the afternoon. The ball starts at five, so put a fire under it." Nives said clapping her hands.

===•°•===

"Your majesty." I raised my head from the paperwork. I was trying to drown myself in this paperwork to be able to ignore Oliver and Candice. "What?" I spoke gruffly to the driver. "W-we are in Serafina's Territory." His voice trembling. I nodded my head and placing all my papers neatly back into my suitcase.

"I love you so much Oli." Candice spoke caressing his forearm, chuckling at something he whispered into her ear. Oh, great! "I love you more Candy my love." Oliver said leaning in for a kiss. This entire car ride they have been acting like a newlywed couple even though they have been together for ages.

Thankfully the car stopped in front of the Serafina's Manor. I was very close to throwing myself out of the vehicle's  window. I threw the door open and climbed out of the SUV. There stood Alpha Serafina "Ah your majesty welcome to my humble home." He bowed. "Hello Mr.Serafina. I'm sorry we are late there where a few delays." I spoke glaring at Oliver.

He had the bladder of a squirrel I swear. But he refused to hold it claiming 'his bladder was going to explode if he didn't go right now.' Ridiculous. "It's no problem at all. Guests should be arriving soon." I nodded.

"I will have Andrew here guide you to your room." Alpha Serafina pointed to a small boy with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair looked toe be about 14. "Isn't that right Andy?" The boy circled to the truck of the vehicle and started unloading some of our bags. "Oh course Alpha, it's an honor to serve the King." The little boy said before walking to the Mansion. "Please follow me." He spoke softly.
As soon as I stepped foot into the house I got just a whiff of the best smell ever. I stood there enjoying it for a second before it completely disappeared as quickly as it hit me. "Come on old man." Oli said nudging my shoulder with his before following the little boy. I growled at the comment.

===•°•===

Later that night, I was on the balcony  observing all the werewolves below, dancing, drinking, just overall having a good time. I never found out what that smell was, I searched the entire house but I came up with jack shit. It was the most amazing smell ever. I would kill just to smell it once more.

I sighed here I am on the balcony listening to an announcer list of the names of the werewolves as they come, drowning myself in whisky just wanting this night to end.

"Alpha and Luna Serafina." The announcer called. I clapped slowly just for the hell of it. They are good people. The doors opened and there is that god damn smell again. It's stronger this time. I gripped the railing dropping my glass of whisky in the process.

God it's so amazing it had my wolf in a frenzy. They walked down the stairs before the announcer spoke once more. "Last but not least Nives Serafina, and Her mate Chase Agners."

The moment I laid eyes upon the curvy little angel next to Nives my entire world changed. There stood my mate, in a tight red dress that showed off all her gorgeous curves. I want to run my hands over her, leaving no part of her untouched.

Goddess, I loved red on her. She had soft looking olive skin, brown silky curls, and these bright hazel eyes that I could easily get lost in.

She stilled gazing up at me just as speechless as I was. Before I could even think, I let out the word I have been wanting to let out for my entire life "Mate!"