Chapter 4

A shiver went down my spine as he spoke. Everyone suddenly frozen in fear as power traveled through his voice. However, I wasn't even a little scared of him. I looked around the room looking for the person wondering who the lucky person was.

I glanced up at the balcony again and noticed that he was nowhere to be seen. How odd? I thought as he reappeared making his way towards us. His vividly violet eyes met mine, and never for even for a split-second left. He had a panty dropping smirk plastered on his face. I bit my lip as I observed him.

He slowly stalked towards me. Everyone for him as he slowly approached me. When he finally stopped, the entire room gasped, I didn't understand at first why until it dawned on me, he was my mate, the king was my mate.

I never in a million years I would have every thought about having a mate, until that very moment. I could feel his minty breath dancing across my forehead.

"Mate." He whispered brushing his lips against my forehead, "I've been waiting so long for you." He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Goddess, you are so beautiful. What's your name little one." I looked around the room and found everyone in the room staring at me, I've never been one to enjoy being in the spotlight. With a simple growl from Theo everyone continued on with their conversations.

"Little mate as much as I love calling you as such, I would love to call you by your name." He said looking down at me. From here I could notice every single little detail about him, like his plump lips, to the scruff on his jaw. He was insanely gorgeous. "Ziara, Ziara Ale." I squeaked out.

He flashed me a million-dollar smile. "Ziara." He said testing my name on his lips sending another shiver down my spine. I could forever listen to him say my name.

He took my small hand is his large one, as I tried so hard to ignore the amazing sparks that went up my arm, he brought it up to his kissable lips. "I'm Theodulus Isbrand, but you can call me anything you want too." He winked, not letting go of my hand. "Can I call you Theo?" I asked. His smile never leaving his face. "Of course my love."

I heard I cough come from behind me, I reluctantly broke eye contact with Theo to turn my head. Nives sat there with her hands on her hips. "Oh right uh Theo this is my best friend Nives." He chuckled "Oh I know who Ms.Serafina is, I was there for her birth. I've watched her grown-up into the lovely young lady that she is today." I looked down feeling embarrassed of course they knew each other. He put two fingers underneath my chin and lifted it up, so I could once again meet his eyes. He was no longer smiling, "I apologize Ziara, I didn't mean to make you feel embarrassed."

"Uncle Theo, may I talk to Ziara? Alone." Nives spoke breaking her silence. "No, whatever you have to speak to her about you can say it to me, we are one." She huffed storming away leaving a confused Chase. "I should probably go talk to her." I told him, prying his arms from around my waist, and stepping away from him. However I still heard him following me.

As I was looking around the house it gave me some time to think about me and Theo. More or less about how I'm human, and he's the god-damn Werewolf King.

I'm just some silly little human from Florida. "I don't mind that you are human." He spoke pulling from my thoughts. "Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for you? I'm not going to let something as silly as race get in the way."

I gasped turning around and facing him, "How did you know what I was thinking?" He just chuckled and stepped closer. "I'm the king I have certain abilities like mind reading." He shrugged like it was no big deal. "So you read my mind?" I stepped away from him, "I had to know what was going on in the beautiful head of yours." He just got closer and tapped my forehead.

"I just need to find Nives and talk to her." He nodded. "In privacy." He growled and pulled me into his chest nuzzling his face into my hair. "Why must it be if private? I don't want to be away from you for even a second." He spoke gruffly.

"I promise I'll tell you everything." He gruffly nodded before letting me go. "She's in the kitchen." He said. "How did you know?" He chuckled "Special abilities my love."

I scurried into the kitchen. As promised there was Nives in the kitchen eating a chocolate cupcake. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked with a smile on my face as she got frosting all over her once flawlessly made up face. "Oh goddess! You scared me your majesty." She laughed wiping off her face with a napkin. "Your Majesty, really?"

"Yup, since you're the king's mate you are the Luna of all Lunas. That means you are above not only my dad and dad but also all the other alpha's." She laughed at the thought. "I'm never going to be grounded ever again!" She yelled. "Says who?" I laughed. "Says you because you are now the queen and you can just simply tell them not to. Duh! You Missy have every werewolf at your fingertips just waiting to server their queen." I shook my head at her. "I'm not the queen." I defended. "Yet." She muttered finishing off her cupcake.

"Did you know that throughout werewolf history there has only been one queen ever. Obviously your mate's mother." She sighed.

"Nives what's wrong? What's the real reason you wanted to talk to me?" She sighed once more. "Come sit next to me." She pulled out the stool next to her.

"I'm just worried you'll find a better friend. We aren't going to see each other as much because you'll be living at the castle." She busted into tears. I pulled her into a hug, her tears soaking my dress sleeve. "Oh Nives, I could never! You'll always be my best friend! I could never in a million years replace you. You've been stuck with me ever since I beat up that kid who kicked down your glamorous sand castle."

She laughed raising her head off my shoulder wiping her tears away. "It was a pretty bomb castle." She laughed. "It was." I laughed a long with her.

"Promise you also won't get rid of me either Nives." I said holding out my pinkie. "I promise." She said linking her pinkie with mine. I sighed standing up. "Come on you got to get back to your mate, and I have to get back to mine." I pulled her off the stool.

Of course, Theo was standing there outside the door probably listening to every word that was spoken. I shook my head at him. "I'm going to find Chase and go to bed." Nives said hugging me once more before heading off. "Okay goodnight."

I then turned to look at Theo. "So what did you guys talk about?" He asked innocently. "I think you know exactly what we were talking about mister." I playfully nudged his shoulder. "I can assure you that I was not doing what you think I was doing." He lightly chuckled. "Please." I laughed.

We went up to my room and just talked about everything. From our favorite color to the meaning of life.

I felt as if I had known him for ages even if we had just met. It was only when the sun had begun to rise that we finally said goodnight. He refused to leave me in my room alone, so he slept on the couch beside me, I offered to take the couch, but he refused saying I'm the queen and I deserve to be treated like such. He was just perfect.