Chapter 19

I felt it. I felt her die. I felt her taking her last breath. I felt my heart being ripped into two. I felt it all.

All these emotions that swirled within my chest made it hard to think straight.

I made a promise to the love of my life and myself. I'd kill my brother. I'd kill every last rouge on the face of the Earth until I felt as if her death was justified.

Deep down I knew her death would never be justified. I'd never feel satisfied.

She was innocent. She had no blood on her hands. She was pure, too pure at times. But that was one of the things I absolutely adored about her.

Just the thought of never feeling her warm smooth skin against mine makes my heart ached even more. The feeling of her beautiful curves against my rough finger tips. Her soft giggles as I would playfully slap her ass.

"My king." Axe muttered not being able to look me in the eye. "I gave you one fucking job." I snarled as I stood up from the couch.

I placed across the dark hard wood floors. "My queen, my mate, the love of my life, gone!" I yelled at no one in particular. I huffed.

"I-I want to see her body." I whispered. "Theo are you sure about that." Oliver spoke softly obviously trying to anger me. "Don't question me." He growled.

He threw his hands up in the air as a sign of surrendering. "Follow me my king." Axe muttered he began walking.

I slowly followed behind him mentally preparing myself. He began walking down the basement as I got light whiff of her scent. "I hope you know that coming down here with me is a death sentence." I growled lowly.

He slowly nodded his head turning around looking me in the eyes. "I know." He turned back around and kept walking.

Once, we made it to the bottom of the stairs Axe flipped a switch allowing the room to be illuminated. In the middle of the room was a body on a stretcher a white sheet laid over a body.

I took in a deep breath as I bent down next to it. I slowly began peeling back the white sheet until her body was completely uncovered.

I whimpered as I took in a sight at how lifeless she appeared. Her lips were tinted blue no longer the beautiful Rosy color that they once were. No longer as full and plump. I brushed my thumb against them feeling how cold she was.

"No." I muttered. "I have to do something. I can't allow you to die like this!" I yelled as I cupped her cheek. I sobbed laying my head on her cold chest.

"My king." Axe spoke. I growled lowly. "Would a spell maybe help revive her?" He muttered.

I looked at him wide-eyed. "Get my spell book." I muttered as I held her small cold hand. I watched him throw himself up the stairs running as fast as he could. I kissed her cold cheek. "I'm going to get you back."