Chapter 8

"Charlotte!"

No.

I ran to my best friend's side. She was out cold. Wrapping my arms around her fragile body I lifted her head gently off the ground, cradling her.

"Charlotte?" I quietly asked her lifeless body. "Charlotte, you have to wake up." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I didn't care.

"What did you do to her?!" I yelled at Dr. Minyak, still on the floor holding my best friend. He put his hands up, faking innocence.

"I was just testing out my new mini electrifier," he replied. "I haven't figured out the effects of it yet. I guess now we'll find out." He smirked.

My blood boiled.

Just then, Ray came and kicked Dr. Minyak, sending him to the ground and causing him to drop his weapon. Taking one step forward, Ray stomped on the horrible instrument that hurt Charlotte, and it was smashed into pieces.

"No!" Dr. Minyak cried. "My mini electrifier!" Ray rolled his eyes while taking a step onto Dr. Minyak's back, keeping him on the ground.

"Henry! Get to the remote!" Ray called to me.

"Stop him, Nurse Cohort!" Dr. Minyak called from his place on the ground.

I gently laid Charlotte's head on the ground, reluctant to leave her side. Despite, I got up and ran towards the remote, Nurse Cohort doing the same. To my dismay, she beat me to it.

"Aha!" she cried in victory. She held the remote in her hand and waved it in the air. However, before she got the chance to disconnect the wires of the remote to the control system, she suddenly collapsed to the ground, now unconscious.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What just happened?" I asked Ray. He grinned and pointed to Charlotte.

I turned to see my best friend still laying on the ground, but with her arm out, her hand on the watch strapped to her wrist.

She had used it to zap Nurse Cohort.

"Charlotte! You're okay!" I exclaimed. She slowly sat up, her fingers pressed to her forehead and her eyes tightly shut from the pain she must've been feeling.

"Henry, the remote?!" Ray called again. Dr. Minyak continued to squirm from his spot under Ray's boot.

"Oh, right."

I ran over to the remote, then pressed the blue button. Suddenly, the monitors began to flash red and a countdown started.

"10...9.."

"Now, let's get the heck out of here!" Ray yelled over the system. He took Dr. Minyak by his arms and threw Nurse Cohort over his
shoulder. I ran over to Charlotte.

"7...6..."

I scooped Charlotte up into my arms and she winced in pain.

"Oh, sorry, I-" I stuttered. She wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled.

"My hero." I grinned.

"4..3..."

I ran to the doors carrying my best friend who felt almost weightless in my arms.

"No, my precious headquarters!" Dr. Minyak cried.

"2...1."

We stepped outside just in time.

****************************************************************************************

Henry jumped forward, feeling the blast behind him. Falling to his knees, he covered Charlotte's body with his own and ducked down.

Soon enough, debris was flying everywhere. They all slowly raised their heads, trying to avoid the remains of Dr. Minyak's headquarters.

"I'm okay!" Ray exclaimed, saying his signature remarks.

"You're going to pay for this, Captain Man and Kid Danger!" Dr. Minyak yelled as he was put into handcuffs, along with Nurse Cohort. Ray scoffed.

"Not sure how you'll do that in jail," Ray stated. He took them away.

Henry and Charlotte got up slowly. She was still in pain, rubbing her forehead. They dusted themselves off.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah," Charlotte replied. "I just have a really bad migraine. Nothing some medicine shouldn't fix." She smiled.

"Good." Henry nudged her shoulder.

"So," he said slowly. "I'm guessing this means you forgive me?" He grinned cheekily, holding his hands behind his back and rocking back and forth. She laughed.

"Hmm," Charlotte pretended to ponder. Henry's jaw dropped.

"Really?" He asked jokingly. "I practically just saved your life and you're thinking about whether or not you want to be friends again."

"Maybe I don't want to be just friends." Moments of silence passed.

"Well," Henry started, taking a step forward. "Whatever you want to be," he placed his hands on her waist. "Just let me know." He looked down at her and smiled. Charlotte grinned.

"Then," she dragged out the word. "Let's just be friends." Henry rolled his eyes and Charlotte laughed.

"Oh and by the way, I'm in love with you, too."

Henry leaned down and kissed her.

***************************************************************************************

My heart was running a marathon. Again.

The kiss was soft and sweet and slow; everything I ever wanted in a kiss. I felt him smiling against my lips, and I couldn't help but smile too. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his went around my waist. It all went away too quickly when we heard Ray cough and I jumped.

"So, do you guys want to go out for pizza or should I let you two have more time to decide?" Ray asked sarcastically. I buried my face into Henry's chest, wrapping my arms around his waist in an attempt to hide from embarrassment. I immediately felt his arms wrap around me as he chuckled at my antics.

"So, pizza?" Ray asked again. I nodded, still hidden against Henry. I heard Ray laugh.

"Alright, c'mon lovebirds," Ray said. I let go of Henry.

"Aw, did I make you blush?" Henry asked jokingly.

"Shut up, you dork." He laughed.

We walked away from the area, hand-in-hand.

***************************************************************************************

The end. xD Sorry for the wait! Thanks for all the support with this story, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed! Follow for more Chenry stories soon! Thanks for reading :)