Dazed

;Mikes Pov

Dazed; Confused. Without understanding.

          My friends. That's all that matter. Dustin, Lucas, and Will. There the only ones who care about me. I love them. Everything past my friends is confusing. Girls, schoolwork, bullies, ect. Those things confuse me. Especially girls... I will never ever, ever understand girls. I'm just confused. I'm a 13 year old boy trying to find himself. I feel like I'm the only one, but I know I'm not the only one. I'm confused. I'm confusing. Even my closest friends understand that.

October 29th, 1986
Hawkins Middle School

        I was suppose to do my daily routine.. Get up, get ready, breakfast, meet up with Will, Lucas, and Dustin, and leave to school. But today was different. I woke up to the sounds of moving trucks next door, and loud conversations. I got ready too,  but my family skipped breakfast because of disturbing noise outside. I couldn't even meet us with Will, Lucas, and Dustin because the streets were filled with moving trucks. So instead I walked to school with the wonder of what kind of rich family is moving into that house. Maybe it can be another member of the party or it could be a Troy. Or a girl. Possibly is a singular home with just one male or female or a family with no kids. I don't know, and I don't really want to know.

     I arrive at school and sit at the usually front seats next to my friends. First period is my favorite.. Science. Some people hate it, but it's so fascinating to me. I can learn and learn and not get sick of it. Dustin, Lucas, Will, and I do experiments together out of school. We got 1st place every year, except last year in the Science fair. Last year we got 2nd. When my teacher starts talking I usually shake off all of my personal problems and pay 100% of my attention, but the picture of who will be living next door stuck to me. Grandparents maybe? A family with a new born coming? A 19 child family? An Asian family? An African family? I'm so desperate to know. The more I think about it the more I want to know. After our 32 minute class I head to math, then Lunch. At Lunch I go home to see mom and my sister Holly. Dad is usually at work, and Nancy stays at school for lunch because of her mouth breather boyfriend; Steve Harrington. I walk because I didn't have my bike. I continue thinking about the family next door, but my mind wonders off into science, then the party.

     I can see my house from where I stand and I sprint so I can actually eat lunch instead of walking in, and walking out. I take a look at the house next door. A guy named Jeff and a girl named Fiona used to live there, but they moved because Fiona got pregnant and they wanted a good life for there baby.

   Some of the moving trucks cleared out, so I can now ride my bike. People with neon orange coats are carrying boxes, cracking jokes, and talking loudly fill the small environment.  I am paying close attention to one three some of guys when a family walks up to the house. As it seems a mom, dad, infant, pre-teen, and teen. The one girl catches my eye. She looks about my age with y/h/c hair, and pretty y/e/c eyes that I could get lost in. She notices me staring and stares back. She continues to stare back. I have to break apart first because it was getting uncomfortable. I walk into the house with the mystery girl on my mind. She seemed pretty confident, and different. I liked her. I was so dazed by her look. I need to know more about her.