Friend

[y/n Pov]

Friend;a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

I put on my helmet that matches my bike and headed to my first day of school. I wrote the directions on my hand because I was clueless at where I was going. 2 lefts then a right. I took a left then... bloody hell I forgot. I was trying to look at my hand, but I crashed into someone else's bike. It was that boy.

"Sorry" I said. Unsure what else to say.

"It's alright" He said. I don't know why but his voice reminded me of a song. I could possibly sit down and listen to it all day. But that's weird .. y/n please stop!

He grabbed my hand and helped me up. I mentally said thank you, but I smiled and rode off. Taking another left then a .. left? No a right. A right. Another right. I bloody suck at remembering things.

October 31st
Hawkins Middle School

I pulled up to the school and locked up my bike near; what I think is; the entrance.. but it may be the exit? I don't know, but I walked in and pulled out my schedule from inside my back pack. I had science, then math, then Lunch, then gym ? Is what they called personal fitness gym here?? Bloody! So much confusion.

A teacher finally guided me to my science room. When I walked in I noticed the boy I ran into earlier was in my class. Splendid! Maybe he could be my first American friend.

"Hello. It's y/n y/l/n ... right?" The teacher asked me.

"Yes." I said simply.

"Cool! Welcome to Hawkins. Go ahead and sit in the back next to Samantha" He said, and I nodded.

I took a seat next to the the girl named Samantha. But I noticed the teacher pulled Mike out of the classroom and when he came back in he sat next to the empty seat next to me and smiled.

"Y/n this is Mike. Mike this is y/n. Mike will be helping you around for a while until you get used to things because he has the same schedule as you" The teacher explained.

I nodded at the teacher.

Then the teacher started teaching. After class I was once again clueless where to go.

"Hey y/n I can show you around at lunch... If you want? And uh follow me math is this way" Mike said from behind me.

I turned around and nodded. I was really nervous...

Math was boring just like in London. But I think this class period is Lunch. Mike is going to show me around. I walked out of the classroom. Wait? Where am I suppose to put my stuff? A locker? Which one? I waited for Mike to come out of the classroom and when he did he smiled.

"I'm guessing you don't know where your suppose to put your stuff? Well I'll show you. My friend Dustin has an empty locker next to his and you can just go there. But you have to boy a lock. Or I can give you one? But anyway let's go" he smiled after talking. Usually I would get annoyed of people like this, but he's different.

I followed him to an empty locker and I put my stuff in it. He waited for me. Then this kid with brown crazy hair came over. He kind of reminded me of that kid from the gloomiest. I forgot his name though. I finished putting my stuff in my locker.

"So Dustin this is y/n. Y/n this is Dustin." Mike said.

"Oh nice to meet you y/n" The.. Dustin? Said.

"You too" I shook his hand.

"Wow your British cool shit right there! Wish I was" Dustin said, and he swore.

"Kids can swear here?" I asked. And they both laughed.

"Not really it's just we do because why not." Mike laughed.

I nodded and walked along and Mike followed behind me.

"Are we freinds? Y/n" Mike asked as we walked down a hallway I haven't seen.

"Friends." I replied.