convergence

{y/n} Pov.

convergence;
the act of coming closer

This morning I put on high waisted jeans and tie dye shirt on. My mom French braided my hair in 2 today as I ate breakfast with my family. Dad actually ate with us today, but Misery didn't.. Everyday someone is missing.

November 1, 1986
  Hawkins Middle School

I rode with Mike and his friends to school today, and we all walked into school together. Science, math, lunch, gym.. Mike showed me around and at Lunch he took me to the library. Have I mentioned I'm a book worm? This library was as big as my entire school in London. Everything was perfect!

"Hey y/n" Mike whispered, "If you like this just wait until I show you the hidden library I found that nobody knows still exists" He finished. A nerve of excitement washed over me and I became excited.

I followed him through 3 long paths of books, and books, and books. We took a left, and he stopped. In the middle of a shelf of books against the wall?

"I know it looks stupid but just wait.." Mike whispered.

On the last shelf he pulled out books and there was a space, like a closet in it. He took all the books out, and slipped inside the mysterious black space. Then he gestured for me to follow. So I did. I slipped into the space and inside it was pitch black. Mike put the books back into space and then he stood up and flicked on a light. A library filled with books are in there and it's so peaceful and I love it.

"Like it eh y/n?" Mike asked in a whisper.

"I bloody love it. How did you find it Mike? Are you the only one who knows?" The questions jet out of my soul.

"Well I picked up a book that was right there and a black space was behind it so I took them all out and went inside. Then BAM I found this place, and nobody knows about it but you." Mike explained.

"So cool. It's like we're in a book ourselves." I say.

"Yeah I know" he replied.

He went and sat down next to a pile of books and picked one up and handed it to me. It looked almost hand .. written?

"What's this?" I asked, turning it around in my hands, furrowing my brows.

"My journal. I write in it everyday. I want you to read it" he says, and I take it.

"Alright. Thanks. Mike can I tell you something" I whisper.

"Whats that?" He replied back.

"We're getting really close. As .. friends.. and I really appreciate it. " I say. And his smile beams to my face, and I smile.

"I love you as a best friend y/n" he says.

"You too"I reply.