one

"We're going to run out of gas! Violet!" Maya complained.

I sneered over to her. "Keep saying it, and it will happen," I snapped.

"We're doing just fine," I said gripping on the the steering wheel and locking my eyes on the road.

10 minutes later, the engine made a noise and our car stopped. Maya's eyes widened.

"I told you!" She yelled at me. I rolled my eyes.
"It only happened cause you said it would happen Maya!" I groaned.

I hopped out of the car and popped the hood. Smoke came out. I guess it wasn't the gas. Huh.

"Well, we're going to have the push the car if we want to make it somewhere," I said, preparing for Maya to complain again.

Maya scoffed. She hopped out of the car.
"Let's start," she mumbled.
We pushed the car for what seemed like forever.

I grinned. Maya looked over at me. "What are you smiling about, idiot?"
I pointed at a big sign that read:
Welcome to Tulsa, Oklahoma!

"Finally!" Maya cried out. I pulled out a map from my back pocket. "We just have to push the car for half a mile more to the nearest gas station," I said, eyeing my map.

"Damn it. Let's start already."
Maya Grace Myers was my best friend, but she sure complained A LOT.

We finally arrived at a gas station with a sign that read in big block letters,
DX

"Freedom!" Maya yelped while running inside of the station store. I rolled my eyes and walked inside. It was refreshing to feel the cool air smack me in the face as I walked in. I closed my eyes and embraced the cold for a couple of seconds, and then snapped back into reality.

I glance over to the counter Maya was at, flirting with two boys. Typical Maya, I thought to myself.

I went to the magazine section and I picked up Love Club magazine. I smiled at the cover. I remember this photo shoot, and that day.

Maya and I were supermodels before we came on this 'journey' if you will, and we needed to get away from all the pressure

Maya and I were supermodels before we came on this 'journey' if you will, and we needed to get away from all the pressure. I didn't think of it as a big deal, but others thought differently.

A part of me misses the New York life–even if I was just gone for a couple of hours.

I called out, "Maya, come check this out!"
"Huh?" She said looking over from the counter to me. She walked towards with me with the two
boys trailing after her. I ignored the boys and talked to Maya first.

"What?" Maya asked.
"Remember this day? We were super late to the shoot and you spilled coffee all over the outfits," I chuckled. "Oh yeah!" Maya said laughing.

"Good ol' times," Maya said. "Wanna introduce us...?" one of the boys asked behind her.
"Oh yeah! Sorry," she laughed.

"Violet, meet Sodapop Curtis and Steve Randle," Maya said, moving to the side revealing the two boys behind her.

One of them was tall, with dark, silky greasy dark brown hair. Just looking at it made me want to run my fingers through it. He had piercing blue eyes–but reckless ones. Lively dancing eyes. He had a sharp jawline and a beautifully structured face. He was beautiful. Real handsome–like a movie star.

The other boy had dark greasy hair, but it wasn't beautiful like the other boy. He had greenish-bluish eyes and was cute. He was muscular and tall.

"Violet Cliff," I said holding out my hand to both of them, wishing the handsome one would shake it first. My wish came true.

He shook my hand and grinned at me. "Sodapop Curtis," he said. The other boy shook my hand after. "Steve Randle," he said smiling at me.

They soon noticed the magazine in my other hand. They saw the cover and dropped their jaws and widened their eyes. "You-you're on the cover?" Soda gasped.

"...Yeah?" I asked confused. It wasn't really all that special.
"We met a famous person! Golly Steve! We need to tell the gang when we get home!" Soda said, punching Steve playfully in the arm energetically. Steve jumped up like a excited cat. "Yeah!"

Maya and I laughed. "It isn't that big of a deal," Maya said. "Yeah," I agreed. "You kiddin' me? The only famous you get here in Tulsa is either for committing a crime, or savin someone's life. You're famous," Soda said while grinning.

"Eh, not really," I said. "Yeah. No one really knows our names. They just watch us... model and pose," Maya pointed out. I nodded in agreement.

"Where are you ladies stayin for tonight?" Steve asked us. "I dunno, a hotel or something?" I answered. "No! We can't let y'all stay in a hotel! The nearest hotel in 30 miles away and in the Soc part of town! We ain't letting a bunch of Socs take care of you," Steve protested, crossing his arms.

"Soc?" I asked confused. "Oh, Violet. Little curious Violet. Aren't you just an innocent?" Soda said wrapping an arm around me, the booping my nose on the word 'innocent.' He made me blush.

I stifled out a laugh. "What is a Soc?" I asked. "In Tulsa, there's two sides of town."

"East side–us Greasers–hoods, JD's, whatever you wanna call us. West side–Socs– white trash with mustangs and madras. they throw beer blasts and jump Greasers," Soda answered.

"...So Maya and I are what?" I asked. "Well, since you're hanging out with us, on our territory, you're a Greaser... I guess. You sure don't act like one. You do look like one though. You're a real looker," Soda said winking at me. I blushed.

"Sunshine, you and Maya can stay at my house tonight. You can meet the gang–and my brothers! They're in the gang too!" Soda said excitedly.

You could tell her cared about his brothers, the way he got energetic by just talking about them. Thinking about what he just said I realized he called me "Sunshine." What a cute name.

-

omg i'm so tired lol i was writing for forever. it's only 11 but i'm super tired so good night bro-chacos!

idk why i called u that it's really cringe whoops.
bye !
-athina