fourteen

V I O L E T

I proceeded to play with my hair, wrapping the sun kissed blonde hair around my finger.

That's what Soda calls my hair color–sun kissed.

I remember, this morning, he kissed my forehead and told me he loves me.

I love him.

Ponyboy nudged me, and I escaped my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"Do you wanna go somewhere? Do something?" He said.

I let go of my hair.

"Sure. Where?"

We thought for a while, until we chose to go the park and hang out there.

We began our walk.

"I think about you all the time," Ponyboy said, as I kicked a rock.

My heart dropped.

Shit, I thought to myself.

I completely forgot about Pony. I can't break his fragile heart.

"Do you now?" I asked carefully, being wise with my words so I won't lead him on.

He nodded, and put his head down.

We haven't told Soda about our kiss, at least I didn't anyway. Soda would get so upset, and our relationship was going so steady, we just healed.

I didn't want to jeopardize our relationship.

"Did that kiss mean anything to you?" Ponyboy asked, hoping for an yes.

I stopped walking and looked him in the eye.

"I don't know, Ponyboy. I just don't know what to tell you. You're so sweet, and you don't deserve to waste your time on me. You deserve someone better, someone who can treat you better."

Pony nodded slowly and we continued to walk.

I felt like an absolute asshole, but I couldn't tell him in any other way without completely shattering his heart of gold.

"I'm sorry," Pony said.

"Don't be. We had to figure this out sooner or later..."

"I guess so."

We finally made it to the playground, and I propped myself up on to the monkey bars and sat there.

Pony jumped up and sat next to me on the bars.

"I was thinking," I started.

"Maybe I could take you guys to New York. If I visit anytime soon, like to go see my other friends and family."

"Really?" Ponyboy got really excited.

"Yeah! It would be really fun. I would go with you, Maya, Soda and Johnny? Or maybe all of the boys? I'm not sure. I don't think Dallas would want to go back to New York."

"Yeah, he did some jail time back in New York," Pony chuckled.

"He told me," I started to kick my legs back and forth.

"Tell me about the city. Is there greasers and socs? I hope not. Johnny and I hate that crap. Especially Johnny. Why should we have a label on our social mobility or economic status?"

"Jeez, Pony, slow down with all the big words," I laughed.

He laughed.

"Sorry. Can't help it. We have to remember these words, for summer break homework, and use it in our vocabulary."

"Wow, I've never thought about school, you know here," I said, tucking my hair behind my ears.

"Did you go to school back in New York? Or did that modeling stuff keep you busy all the time?" Pony asked.

"Well, sometimes I went to school, sometimes I didn't. I'd be homeschooled sometimes too. I'm not good at academics. I'm dumb," I responded.

"You're not dumb."

I sighed and covered my face.

"Whatever you say."

"If you could have one wish, what would it be?" Pony said out of the random.

"To be the most intelligent person in the world," I replied, rubbing my eyes.

"You can be. You just have to apply yourself."

I laughed. "You sound just like my mom."

"Well, it's not like we're not telling the truth," Pony said.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"What about you?"

"Hm?"

"If you could have one wish, what would it be?"

He thought about it for a couple of seconds and chose his answer.

"To be in love."

what's gucci fellows!!!'

sorry this chapter was so cringe and gross and boring sigh I just wanted to update for u guys since I'm suck at uploading :/

thank you so much for reading, and don't forget to like, comment, and vote!