six

Dally and Johnny went back to the Curtis house, leaving me with just Ponyboy

Dally and Johnny went back to the Curtis house, leaving me with just Ponyboy. We were heading to the 'lot'.

I kicked a rock and thought about New York. It's been a day and I miss it so much.

Pony interrupted my thoughts. "Do you like Soda?" he asked. I knew I was good at lying, so thankfully it came in hand. Usually, I didn't get caught.

"No!" I scowled. "Besides, I don't think he would like me anyway," I said, crossing my arms and looking in a different direction.

"Oh that's good. Sandy would kicked your ass," he mumbled. I snapped my head towards his direction. "Who's Sandy?" I asked, squinting my eyes.

"Soda's girlfriend."

Girlfriend.

My heart shattered into a million pieces, and I just felt like my whole world just broke.

"Girl-girl friend?" I stuttered, my voice cracking. Ponyboy looked at me with his eyes wide. "Yeah."

"You liked him didn't you?" He asked, stopping and looking in to my eyes.

I looked down and a tear fell from my eye. He hugged me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered into my ear.

This whole time, Soda made me feel like something. He made me feel like I was something valuable, something to wait on.

But I wasn't.

Tears filled my eyes. Ponyboy let go of me and held my hand. We finally made it to the lot. I felt nothing. I just cried and cried and cried.

After 10 minutes of me sobbing into Ponyboy's shoulder, he spoke up.

"You know, I would never hurt you," he said in a low voice.

"Pony, you don't want me," I said quietly.

"Yes, I do. If Soda doesn't see you as the amazing person you are, he doesn't deserve you."

"You're too young," I said burying my head into chest.

"I know."

"Do you wanna hear something crazy, Violet?"

I nodded, looking up with my pink, cried out eyes.

"I think I love you."

Loved me? I only knew him for a day. He was too young. This is just all so strange. All I wanted was to go back to New York. I wish I never came to Tulsa. I wouldn't have been heartbroken by someone on the first day.

I stayed quiet.

"It's okay. You don't have to love me back."

I looked up at Pony and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He turned red and looked away.

"Ponyboy, there's going to be someone who deserves you much more than I do. I'm crying about your brother for god sakes, you must feel awful! I'm so sorry I put you through this. You must've wished I never came to Oklahoma. I just caused trouble."

"Hey, no no, don't say that. And it's okay. I'll be okay. Maybe we can do something to Soda for getting your hopes up like that," Pony said with a smile.

I felt absolutely awful that Ponyboy loved me, but I didn't love him back. I know how it feels. He must feel so terrible.

On the other hand, I can believe Soda flirted with me while he was dating this Sandy girl. Why would he ever do such a thing? I thought he was different.

We returned later to the Curtis house, played cards, watched TV, anything to occupy our minds in this whole situation.

Finally, Soda came home. Steve and Maya were back at Steve's place. Maya would freak and only God knows what she would do to Soda.

"Hey babe! How are ya?" Soda said, with a wink, walking in with his DX shirt in hand.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't call me babe. I'm fine," I responded, keeping my eyes on the TV.

He stopped in his tracks. "...What's wrong? What happened?" Soda asked. I ignored him and continued to watch the TV.

"Ponyboy?" Soda asked, hoping to get answers.
Pony just shook his head and shrugged.

Soda sighed and left the room. Asshole. Didn't even at least try to see what was wrong.

20 minutes later

Soda came downstairs. He grabbed my arm and started to pull me towards the door. I scrunched up my eyebrows. "What are you doing?" I spat.

He raised his eyebrows. "Follow me. We need to talk," he said, pulling me towards the door. I moved my head to Ponyboy mouthing 'what the hell?'

He sat on the porch steps, and patted next to him.

I sat next to him and looked straight ahead to the street.

"Violet, what's going on?" Soda asked, looking at me.

I didn't respond.

"Did I say something?"

I still didn't respond.

"Well? Are you going to talk at all? Please just say anything. What's on your mind?" He asked, impatiently.

I stood up, looked him straight in the eye.
"You know what really sucks about falling for a guy you know you're not right for? You fall anyway because you think he might turn out to be different," I finally said.

Soda looked at me in shock, and I walked towards the gate, and down the road, not looking back to a surprised Soda.

hey hey hey!! pretends that's Violet saying it ^^ anyway I'm soo tired. also, I got a 93 on my math test ARE u guys proud???

also sorry this chapter is short–just a filler chapter. :|

my birthday is in 2 days I'm so hyped up !!!!

anyway see ya !! have a wonderful day!