fifteen

V I O L E T

I ran my fingers through my hair.

I didn't want to say anything, because I knew what Ponyboy would say. I didn't want to lead him on.

We sat on the bars in silence.

"You know, that says a lot about you," Pony said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"That you want to be smart. It means you don't think it's all about looks. Any other girl in this town probably would have said to be beautiful, or pretty, but you said to be smart. That's really great."

He smiled at me.

"Thanks."

"You know, we should probably head back. It isn't safe to be walking around late," Ponyboy suggested, scratching his head.

"Sure," I agreed. We both hopped off the monkey bars and started walking back.

"So, are you excited to start school soon?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

"Yeah, except for the homework and Darry bothering me about it all of the time."

"Maybe I'll go back to school. I kinda want to go to college."

Ponyboy whipped his heads toward me.

"Really? Violet, that'd be so great!" He hugged me.

"Yeah?" He didn't let go of hugging me.

"Pony..?"

"Oh sorry, sorry!" He chuckled and let go of me and resumed to walk.

"So what do you want to be? Like your plans?" He asked blushing.

"I want to get my own house here because you guys can't afford me living there. I know you guys don't mind, but I want my own house. It isn't a hotel."

He nodded.

"After I go in to school, graduate high school, probably go to medical school? I kinda want to be a doctor."

"That's cool," Ponyboy said.

"After that, if I become a doctor, I want to start my family, with Soda and have 3 kids."

He looked a little bit hurt but shook it off.

"Yeah, I guess that's it. How about you?" I asked, kicking a rock.

"I want to graduate high school, go to college, become a writer maybe. Start a family if I find someone," he said, looking at me.

"You'll find someone. You're great Ponyboy. You're handsome, smart, and funny."

"God damn. If I'm all of those things Violet, why don't you love me?" Ponyboy yelled and started to run.

"PONY, WAIT," I hollered and chased after him.

He ran into the house. I ran in after him.

Darry jumped up from his seat.

"Pony, why you running like that?" Darry yelled while Ponyboy stormed up the stairs.

"I'm really sorry Darry."

"What did you do again? Haven't you done enough? I mean, why do you keep doing this? Violet, you're great and all but someone always comes storming into this household upset."

Tears filled my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Tell Pony I'm sorry, and Soda too. I'll just leave. I'm sorry I caused you all this trouble. It was a mistake stopping here."

Darry had anger in his eyes and nodded slowly and I ran out the door all the way to the DX. I need Steve's keys so I could get Maya to leave. I'm tired of this place.

I tried too hard, too hard to make this all work. I love Sodapop with all of my heart. I love him so much, but I keep hurting other people.

I finally approached the gas station and saw Steve underneath the car.

"Steve?" I said, tucking my hair behind my ears.

He rolled out from underneath the car.

"What's up Vi?" He wiped the oil off onto his uniform.

"Um," I said, shuffling from one foot to another, nervous at what I was about to do next. "I kinda need your keys. I have to tell Maya something, we kinda need to..." I shrugged.

"Violet, tell me."

"I need to leave Tulsa."

dang it's been forever since I've updated, deepest apologies!!

I CANT BELIEVE WE GOT 890+ (?!!??!&$@%%##?!$$??) READS?!!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH !!! it's really incredible. on my first chapter I literally said how I thought I wasn't going to get more than 10+ views.

I'm not even a good writer and this story is kinda cliché and boRing (?) but people seem to like it? don't worry, I'm not planning on ending this book any time soon, it's just I need ideas for it.

so feel free to msg or comment so I can have ideas.

sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been so busy with school and all.

but I hope u guys enjoy this short chapter and I will try to update as soon as possible!!

love u guys to the moon and back,

don't forget to comment, vote and share!!

❤️❤️