Chapter 1

1.

"Shit'' I hissed to myself as I rolled over my toes with my luggage for the third time today.

You would think this particular morning would be perfect since this is the start of my new life, but I don't usually have the best luck.

The plane ride from New Hampshire to New york consisted of me being stuck in the middle of a man who smelt like pickles, and a women who couldn't stop sleeping on me. Plus, the taxi drive with the man who wouldnt stop screaming ''GO'' when the light would flash green. But i guess getting accepted into NYU is pretty damn lucky, and as I stand outside of it now with my luggages in hand I can't help but smile at the thought of me walking on this campus.

I look down at the sheet of paper in my hand that shows my dorm number of where i would be staying. The campus size is extremly intimidating, and I could already see myself lost in these halls.

After asking three people for directions to where my dorm is located, i'm finally standing in front of a plain white door in a hallway filled with hundreds of the same one.

I open the door to a small room with white covered walls and wooden floors, with two twin beds and small dressers occupying the room. I decide on chossing the bed on the right side and drop my luggages on top of the bed. I took this time of silence to actually realize that i'm in fucking New York City in my own overly priced dorm going to my dream college.

Im pulled from my thoughts when the door slams open. A girl with short blonde hair and bright blue eyes comes stomping through the door with four luggages, which is a lot compared to my two. Her eyes meet mine and i take it as a chance to introduce myself.

''Hi. Im Dylan...Dylan Foray." I flash her a smile and extend my hand for her to shake.

She looks at me with a frown on her face, like she was excpecting better. She walks over to the left side of the room completely ignoring my outstretched hand and drops her luggages on the ground. She looks around the room and her eyes land on me.

"I would have perferred the right side of the room" she states rudely.

As I gather her words, I try to think of what im going to respond with. How the fuck do I respond to that?

She stares at me, waiting for me to respond.

"You got to love the girls from New York. Pretty and friendly!" I say with a smile.

I turn my back to her as i unzip my luggages to unpack. I hear her groan and I smile to myself. Another thing to add to my bad luck, a bitch as a roomate.