Vance Collins

Chapter 3

Raine lugged her suitcase into the big black limo, where the driver dumped it into the back. Dwaine came out, pulling along his cute Elmo suitcase, hugging his Power Ranger to his chest. Raine smiled lightly, watching her adorable little brother give his suitcase to the aged chauffer. Next she saw her younger twin warily bring up the rest of their belongings.

He still felt weird about the Collinses adopting them. But this meant a better life for all of them.

She entered the limo, looking around at the smooth beige seat. It was so cool. There were all sorts of buttons and knobs on the roof of the car, and there was even a cooler in the corner.

"How do you like it?" the soft voice of Mrs Collins came from behind her. She turned around like a deer caught in headlights. She blushed.

"Erm, its um, cool" she stuttered. She didn't like the feeling of being caught by surprise. Mrs Collins smiled gently. Then she sat down and they sat in companiable silence.

"Raine! Did you see how big the boot was?!" exclaimed Dwaine. He entered, trailing along his Power Ranger. His face was alight with bright curiousity. Raine smiled at him.

"When I went to put in my Elmo suitcase, I walked around the driver guy, the guy has white hair Raine! Anyways, I walked round, and I could sit in there, and sleep, and there'd still be space. Our stuff was there and they all fit, and there was still-"

A childish gasp escaped his lips.

"Look! Look at all this, Raine! Raine, do you see?!" he cried pointing at the interior of the limo. Raine smiled.

"Yes, I see, it's cool isn't it" He nodded and he sat down. He was about to press a button, but he stopped and looked at Raine innocently. Raine in turn looked at Mrs Collins.

"Oh, feel free to touch whatever you want" she chimed. "There are also drinks in the cooler if you want some" Dwaine gasped and opened the cooler. He brought out a coke, and handed it to me to open.

"Dwaine, I'll drink half, then you can have the rest" Dwaine went wacko when he had any form of sugar. Half a can of coke was pushing it. Usually, Raine only allowed a few gulps. But this was a special occasion.

"Yay!" he clapped his hands, and waited patiently for Raine to finish.

"Raine, have you seen how long this limo is! We haven't in one of these since we were like, twelve!" exclaimed Blaine, entering the vehicle. His eyes landed on the coke.

"Raine! Can I have some too!?" he asked hopefully, bringing out his puppy eyes. Raine groaned, looking away. She brought out a sprite. Blaine had issues with sugar too.

"Half a can" Raine spoke sternly, drinking some of the drink. Blaine may have been older than Dwaine, but he was a lot worse, when it came to handling his sugar.

"They can have a whole can, its fine with me" Mrs Collins cut in, having watched the exchange curiously. The girl seemed to be in charge of the other two, and they both seemed to look up to her, despite one of them being her twin.

"Believe me, it won't be fine with you once you see how hyper they get after consuming sugar of any sort. Dwaine is bad, but Blaine is TERRIBLE" Raine informed her. They both watched the boys gulp down the sugary drinks eagerly. "Usually, half a can is too much, but this is a special occasion"

*************************

Large gates loomed over them, as Raine and Blaine peered out of their windows. After his sugar breakdown, Dwaine had fallen dead asleep on Raine's lap. Blaine had bounced around, and had napped a while, but he had just woken up. Mrs Collins seemed rather shaken, but amused with their reactions to the drinks.