Chapter 2: I Remember, Do You Remember?

September 23rd

College was the life, I had friends that I hanged out with every weekend, while still managing to finish my work. College didn't care if you went to classes, you already paid them and they didn't give a damn. Because of tuition, and needing to pay the bills every month I got a better job. I was a manager at a restaurant now. I had long hours, working almost every night.

College brought me long study hours, friends, and parties. I was not shy to party's anymore. College brings you out of your shell, your pressured into things like drinking, smoking, and sex. I had only over taken two inhales of smoke and I never wanted to try it again. Never had sex but I continued to party, my dorm mates having to drag me home or call Elijah.

Tonight I had gone out, it was Friday night and my friend and I went to a footballers house after the game, but I didn't drink as much being the designated driver. Was I old enough? Nope. I was only nineteen, twenty in one month. November 5th to be exact.

-

My hair was damp after running in the rain towards the entrance, I wiped my feet off at the mat as the security guard looked at me. I gave him a small smile as I entered the elevator. I sighed and leaned against the back wall as it shifted up. I watched as the red letters counted all the way up to twenty. As the doors opened I pushed myself off the wall walking down the hall my coat in my arms.

I reached my apartment and I dug into my purse and grabbed my college lanyard. I went through my many keys and unlocked my door. I kicked the door shut turning the light on and throwing my keys onto my kitchen counter. I took my botties off, throwing my coat over a chair, and setting my phone and purse down on the coffee table. I stopped in my tracks when I heard a thud and someone curse. I froze and looked around the apartment.

"Elijah?" I yelled as I walked down the hall and looked in the laundry but no one was there. I opened almost every door when I heard a glass break in my bedroom.

"Elijah?" I said quieter walking down the hallway to my door and went to touch the handle when the door opened and I screamed and someone grabbed me. I could tell he was a man by the muscle strength and I yelled before he placed his hand on my mouth. I remembered Elijah had become my boxing partner once I stared college to defend myself. I threw my elbow back and he grunted, I turned around quickly as he let me go to see who it was and I gasped when I saw who it was.

"Cody?"

It hit me, straight in the gut. I stood there looking at him, he was wet, and breathing heavily. Wearing the familiar scent that was, Emerson Institution. I remembered it from when I used lie on his chest when we where in his room. That same night I swore that I'd came and visit him, and that I'd never forget him. I forgot him.

He smiled a bit and it brought back memories. I suddenly remembered the way he smiled, the way his hand fit into mine perfectly during lunch hours. I remembered the way we'd make out in his room trying to not get caught. I also remembered how he had a hard head, how he didn't give a damn about being in trouble. It suddenly all came back as he was standing right there.

He had lost the muscle in his arms, I could tell. His hair was unkept, and he had more tattoos on his right arm.

"What the hell!" I suddenly yelled at him. "You're supposed to be in Emerson!!" I yelled and he shushed me stepping closer to me.

"I escaped."

"You what?" I asked trying to keep my anger in. How could he have been so dumb?

"I escaped Emerson." He said again, calmly.

"You freaking escaped Emerson!!" I yelled in rage walking away from him "how could you be so stupid!" I yelled. "You only had a few months! ARE YOU INSANE!?"