Chapter 29: Him

(Hayley's Pov)

As the weeks passed, I barely had time to think about Cody when Elijahs wedding was today. Everyone was rushing and trying to put the final touches on the chapel and the reception hall, while we got ready. I was happy for my brother he deserved Ashley more than anything else. They made each other whole, I kinda wished I had that with someone. This wasn't the first time I've caught a boyfriend cheating, it happened in college and I went through two boyfriends before I took a break and fell for Anthony.

I spotted Derrick with his wife talking to my parents and I walked over to them.
"Derrick can we talk?" I ask just as my mommas pulled in to dance with my dad.

"About?" He asks and I look over at his wife and back to him.

"Me.." I say simply not wanting to go into detail in front of everyone.

"I'm sorry but schedule a appointment during business hours." He said about to walk away and I stopped him. I opened my clutch and pulled out a wad of cash.

"I'm not being bribed by you again. Especially not in front of your parents."

"I'll double it." I say as he walks away. "Please Derrick" I say. "It's life or death." I say and he stops in his tracks. His wife whispers in his ear and he turns to look back at me.

"This is the last time." He said and I nodded. I lead the way and walked into a classroom, I turned on the light as he walked through and I shut the door behind him. He sat down at the front of a large desk as I dug into my clutch.

"Keep your money."

"That's not what I'm looking for." I grabbed the orange bottle and looked over at him.

"Hayley make this quick." He said and I handed him the bottle my hands shaking. His face dropped when he saw the name and I looked down.

"This is Cody's medicine Hayley, what are you doing with it." He asked sternly.

"I need it filled this time in my name. I need refills to be sent to a pharmacy in Montana." I say not looking at him.

"No." He said placing them on the table and started to walk away but I stood in front of him and pushed him back.

"No, you not leaving this room until you promise to fill those."

"Hayley you don't look good. You haven't for a while. I'm going to get your father."

"No!" I say as I blinked tears away grabbing his arm. "Please Derrick. Please." I beg.

"I will not supply you drugs. Do you know what your putting in your body? For God's sake Hayley this can have negative effects-"

"It's for Cody." I say softly

"You can wind up in the hospital- What did you just say?"

"They're for Cody" I repeat, "before you jump all over me let me explain."

"Your seeing Cody again?" He asked softly.

"Your going to want to sit down." I say sitting across from him.

"Cody's sick..." I say. "I'd never though I would be the person to say that but somethings wrong." I say looking up at him.

I broke the second after that, everything came out from him cheating, me moving, his behavior, his paranoia. Everything was out. It must've been from not talking about him weeks and it might've been because I was just so mad a him. Derrick sat there in shock before clearing his throat.

"You need to tell someone."

"I told you. But you can't say anything to anyone about this."

"Hayley. Your walking on thin ice. How much longer are you going to put up with Cody? What if he breaks? Your going to go down and drown." He pauses before he sighed. "I'll refill the pills for the sake of protecting you. But he's not getting all of his medications if he's not in Emerson getting better."