t w o

*Dan's POV*

I placed the bottle of ink back onto its designated shelf and nodded at the client. "There you are ma'am!"

She looked down at the two intertwined doves flowing smoothly around a small pastel rose, blooming to its full potential. "Thank you kindly, sir."

"My pleasure." I responded, peeling off my gloves with a small smile. "The lady at the counter will ring you up."

She nodded shortly and stood up, walking to the counter and striking up a polite conversation. I washed and dried my hands, stood and grabbed my bag, placing my tattoo needles safely in the their drawer -- after cleaning them, of course.

I excited through the back door and into the chilly night air, frost biting at my exposed cheeks and nose. I crinkled it slightly and smiled, breathing out a puff of white steam before setting off toward my flat.

Crickets talked and chattered along the red brick, which looked a dark maroon in the pale moonlight. I shivered and picked up my pace, glancing around the dimly lit street.

My thoughts were always swirling with horrible accidents and situations I could end up in. I was a pretty easy target, baggy lavender sweater with white skinnies, baby blue toms, and a matching flower crown. I was quite small for my age, too; only reaching a mere 5'5" for being 20.

Not to meantion my stubborn and bitchy attitude.

I finally reached my apartment building, opening the unlocked door and heading to the elevator. I stepped in and pressed "4", leaning against the side and pulling out my phone.

The doors soon opened and I slouched to the flat door, fumbling with my key before clicking the lock open -- quickly being greated by the welcoming smell of pizza and hot cider.

"Peej?" I called out, smiling lightly after witnessing a curly-haired head pop out from inside the kitchen. "Hello Daniel, just in time for dinner. Pepperoni or cheese?"

"Cheese, please. Do you not know what a vegetarian is?" I chuckled, placing my bag on its specialized hook.

"You're still doing that thing?" He asked, taking out two plates from a dark oak cabinet.

I tilted my head, confused. "Yeah...?"

"Oh, just thought you might have left that BEEF behind." He replied nonchalantly, making me snort and shake my head.

"You need to stop with the puns."

"Never!" He pouted, sticking out his bottom lip.

I rolled my eyes and bit into the pizza. The greasy but familiar taste flooded my mouth, and I relaxed happily against the counter. Pj scanned my face contently and I smiled, not sure what else to do besides that. He blinked and glanced away, blushing slightly. I didn't know what had gotten into him lately. Looking at me when he didn't think I'd notice, touching my arm quite often, and making weird comments. It just didn't fit into the normal Peej I knew.

After we had finished he asked if I wanted to watch a movie, and I nodded. We headed towards the living room and I grabbed my phone, looking through Snapchat before sitting next to him and crossing my legs. He clicked onto "10 Things I Hate About You" and I rolled my eyes again. Just like Pj to pick a romantic comedy.

He must have seen my reaction because soon after he remarked, "What, would you rather Mad Max or Poltergeist?"

I shook my head and laughed. I didn't like fast-paced action and horror movies made me want to cough up my lungs, because when I was scared, I coughed; which is pretty problematic.

"That's what I thought." He bit, making up for his harsh tone with a cheeky smile at the end of his sentence.

"What am I going to do with you?" I asked playfully.

"I don't know, that's your decision to be made."