chapter eight

I clench my fist as I think of how to tell my sub, that this social worker is here to help, not take her away. I hope for her sake and mine that the social worker won't interfere with the growing connection that has built between me and my sub. She has grown to be important to me. I feel over protective and drawn to her like no other women.  Not that I would tell her how much she means to me now. I think to myself as my slave shakes with fear over the unknown. 

I take my glaze off the social workers , I turn in my seat and clasp my subs hand as I feel the shakes go through her as I see her eyes widen and mouth open with a gasp. 

"Shhh is ok shes a social worker whose here to help you cope with all that has happened. I want you to listen to her and answer all her question except you must not call me master in front of her. ok?" I say as she nods her head as I stroke her arm before climbing out of the car to get her door as the social worker watched on.

"Mr Fern and Anne, I am Mrs Woods and as you know I am a social worker for abused women and children." She says as she shakes my hand and reaches for my sub hand enlighten her to scuffling behind me.

"Why don't we go inside to talk Mrs woods." I say as I place my sub closer into my arms as I pull open the front door and walk to the lounge room.

"Oh ok Mr Fern I guess thats a great idea." she says as she walks behind us.

I place my sub on the couch as I put on the kettle to make tea for all of us as Mrs Woods look around the house with her pen and paper out taking notes already.

While im preparing the tea and  biscuits I hear Mrs Woods say to my sub "Do you like being here with Marcus Anne?" In a warm caring voice.

"Yes.... I am...Marcusss is really good to me." My sub says in a soft voice as I imagine her hands digging into the couch pillows. 

I listen my close for the next question Mrs woods ask my Anne.

"Well dear im very glad you like being with Marcus becausd you know that we can always place you with other women like yourself that have been hurt in similar ways." Mrs Woods says as I hear her move most likely to grab My subs hand.

"I don't want to be taken away from Marcus. Ever! " I hear my sub scream at Mrs Woods.

I rush out to see my sub crying as Mrs Woods trys to comfort her but my sub pulls away from her to run to me. I hug her tight as she lets her sobs out.

"Its ok, your not going to be taken away, I wont let that happen." I say in a soothing voice as I rub her back until her sobs are no more.

"Im sorry." She says as she turns to Mrs Woods and stares at her before saying "I can stay with Marcus can I?"

Mrs Woods looks at her before replying with a sign " Of course my dear my job is to help you, not upset and thats why I am here today to see how you are and give you some help in order to over come your fears and trust issues."

I clear my throat to get Mrs Woods attention.

"Mrs Woods would you like to tell me some of the helping tools your assistant said over the phone . " I say, as I stare at her with the look of determination in my eyes over helping my sub be the best she can be.

"Of course Mr Fern, some of the helping tools I recommend is a journal it can be on paper or computer, also talking about it with a councillor might give her outlets to her underling emotions. I have the perfect women who assists with trauma of this degree in many patients. I will write her number down and call ahead to make sure you get a appointment that fits your schedule. Might I add Mr Fern,  letting her have a choice in what she wear for the day, will give  her a sense of freedom and having a space dedicated to herself  would be beneficial to her recovery."

I clasp my subs hands as I say "I already have a journal and routine for her, I will put in place your recommendations. If you could write down the phone number to the highlight recommend councillor I will book a appointment as soon as possible." My sub lays her head on my shoulder, eyes shut as though pretending not to be listening to the conversation. 

"Of course." Mrs Woods says as she fumbles with her bag, before producing a card that she hands to me.

"Thank you Mrs Woods." I say hoping to get her out so I can reassure my sub wellbeing that is fractured from this visit.

"Well Mr Fern I will be back in a fortnight to check up on her." She say as she grabs her hand bag as I release my sub who follows behind me as I walk Mrs Woods out.

As her cars pulls away I let out a deep breath that I had held as my sub says "Master may I go put on my new clothes.... if thats ok with you Master! " She says as she bows head down, awaiting my response.

"Look at me my sub." I say as I stare at her waiting for her to do as I request. As her head inclines up, her beautiful eyes stare straight into my soul, tugging at my heart.  

"That better and yes you may. I will be up as soon as I have  finish some pressing work that requires my attention." I say as I feel a smile form on my lips.

"Thank you master." She says as she hugs me before racing off up the stairs to her room with her bags in hand.

Shaking my head with a grin on my face I walk about the kitchen to the back door that leads to a once beautiful garden, now it looked like a grave yard of dead plants. Neglected yet again.

Sighing from the sight I head back inside to my office and get to work on emails and other pressing documents that require my attention. Yet my mind keeps wondering to my little sub and the days events. I couldn't help but question whether I was assisting my sub or hindering her?