Day 7 November 9 2016

Dear Anyone,
  I did move.....but it was away from everyone except one person. My sister. She's only a year older and I'm 16 and she is 17 but we live on our own, it's been rough and alot has happened, I've noticed that I still don't have a home and I don't think I ever will......it's hard....not belonging anywhere.....staying stuck in a place where you know you mean very little value....to have to say "I'm great" or " I'm okay" and have people actually believe that. But that's the thing isnt it....they don't really mean that they want to know how you really are....they just want a simple answer so they can say they already tried to ask when your gone.... They keep saying that I'm supposed to be doing better, since I was a perfect child to start off with, but that's what the foster system does to you, they strip your identity and give you a new one, one with rules and guidelines and they control your life, but all you are is a number, another case file, another check in their pockets, that's why they don't want you to know you can leave, I left when I was sixteen and ive never felt so free, I may not have found home just yet, I may never find home, but at least I'm free, at least I can start to find my identity that they took so long ago. My name is Julia kalie giroux, I'm 16 and ive lived in foster care almost my whole life, I have 46 other cousins and that's just from my dad's brothers and sister....I'm not even counting my mom's side and my second cousins.....we call them uncle's and aunties too. There's all sorts of things I never knew, but now I'm gonna take everything I can to find every piece of me I can.
~Julia Kalie Giroux