Chapter 3

Baekhyun's POV:

After the encounter with Lee Min, I was scared. I was just staring at the ceiling, since I finished my homework. Sigh. I got when I heard someone coming up the steps. "Chanyeol, what are you doing here?" I asked. Chanyeol came in my room and sat down on my chair, near my desk. "Just wanted to see if you were okay." I smiled. That's the first time someone cared about me, besides Mary of course. "I'm good and thanks for saving me earlier Chanyeol. Thanks for...caring as well."

Chanyeol just smiled and nodded. Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck nervously, and his face became red. I was amused. "Chanyeol, are you alright? Your face is red like a tomato!" I asked while laughing. Chanyeol blushed and said "shut up!" I stick my tongue out at him and said "nope!" He groaned but nonetheless smile and my childish acts. 

"I was kind of wondering about something." I was confused. "Wonder about what?" I asked. "E..earlier today at school...u..umm you called me C..Channie.." he said. My eyes widened. Oh no. Was it a bad thing to say? Was it too early to give him a nickname? I was panicking. Chanyeol realized and came towards me and hugged me. "No! No it's not a bad thing Baek, calm down." He said. I immediately calmed down. "Why did you ask then?" C

Chanyeol blushed again and released the hug. I missed the warmth he gave off. I shook away my thoughts. Baek you are silly, don't even think that way! "Anyway, I was wondering if you can keep calling me  Channie." Chanyeol said shyly. Soon enough I became shy myself. "O..okay if that's what you want C..Channie.." He smiled and both of us became shy. Mary came up the steps, looked at us and smirked. 

"Why are the both of you have red faces?" Mary asked. "It..it's nothing Mary! N..nothing at all!" I exclaimed. She said "mmhmm", not in believing me and I pouted. 

Chanyeol's POV:

I was watching Mary and Baekhyun playfully argue back and forth until he pouted. Oh my god was that cute. My face tinted red at his pout and I couldn't stop looking at his pink lips. It looks so soft and plump. I snapped out of my thoughts. Yah! Chanyeol you byuntae! Don't think that way! Mary noticed and smirked at me. I blushed. Damn, I was caught. "Chanyeol its time for dinner." Mary said.

I nodded my head and headed downstairs, telling Baek goodnight. As I arrived in the dining room, Mr. and Mrs. Byun was there, waiting for me. "Oh honey, I'm glad you're here." Mrs. Byun said. Mr. Byun was just reading the newspaper. Mary then came downstairs and began to serve dinner. "Actually, Mary, will you go and get Baekhyun to eat with us?" Mary eyes widened and I choked on my food. Mr. Byun patted my back.

"Oh dear, are you okay Chanyeol?" Mrs. Byun asked. I nodded as I drank the cup of water. "Why do you want Baekhyun to eat with you today ma'am?" Mary said. Mr. and Mrs. Byun gave each other a look and then said, "Well I think it's fair for our son to eat with us. I don't want him to starve and wait until midnight to eat." Mrs. Byun said. I was confused. I didn't know anything about them or Baekhyun. 

Mary bowed and nodded, before going up the stairs, she gave me a look, meaning to explain to me later. I nodded my head and then she went up the stairs.

Baekhyun's POV:

I sighed. Should I go to bed again and wait until midnight? Before I could even do anything, Mary was here but looking nervous. "Mary are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked concerned. Mary look hesitant but then said, "Your parents...your parents want you to join them at dinner with Chanyeol." My eyes widened and my heart stopped. What? They...want me to eat with them? Why?

Thousands of  questions were forming in my head. Mary gently grab onto my arm and brought me downstairs. Should I be scared? Worried? Concerned? As I arrive at the dining room. All eyes were on me and I was uncomfortable. My eomma smiled at me. "Take a seat sweetheart, and let's eat!" Eomma said. I slowly nodded my head and carefully sat down next to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol could feel the tense atmosphere. He shifted uncomfortablely. I put my hands on his thigh. I gave him a look and he nodded. Mary gave me my plate of food and the four of us ate in silence. I slowly began to eat. I looked up and my appa was eyeing me. I gulped and hung my head low as I ate. Eomma then started talking to Chanyeol and Appa. 

I just sat quietly, listening to their conversation. 

Mrs.Byun: How was school today Chanyeol?

Channie: It was good. How was your day? 

Mrs. Byun: Oh my day went very well today. 

Then eomma turned to me and smiled. "How was your day sweetheart?" I was really confused. Why was she being nice to me now? All my life she never was nice. This was too nice and I wasn't really comfortable with it. "I..it was alright." I said hesitantly. Eomma just nodded and began to eat again. Appa then got up, indicating he was done. He gave my mother a kiss on the cheek, patted Chanyeol's shoulder and then he stopped at me.

I gulped as I look up at him. He gave me a small smile and ruffled my hair. My eyes widened and so was Mary's. What the hell is happening?! I was freaking out. Before Mary can come towards me, I felt something holding my hand under the table. I looked and it was Chanyeol. He looked confused but nonetheless, held my hand in reassurance.

Eomma then got up, excusing herself. She kissed Chanyeol's head and quickly kissed both of my cheeks. My eyes widened again. She smiled and said "goodnight" and went off to bed. Now it was only the three of us. My eyes were beginning to get watery. Mary came towards me as tears fell out of my eyes. She hugged me in comfort. I was so confused. Why were they nice? Something is not right. They might want to be nice to me and then something tragic will happen.

I'm not ready to face that. "Okay can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?" Chanyeol said fuming. Mary looked at me. I just nodded my head. "Okay I will explain later in Baekhyun's room. Let's not talk here. We don't want anyone to hear us alright?" Mary said. Chanyeol nodded and the both of us went to my room as Mary cleaned up. 

I was wiping my tears as I sat on my bed, but they kept on coming. I stopped wiping my tears since it was useless and just sobbed. Chanyeol came towards me and hugged me. He hugged me from behind and lay his head on my shoulder. "Hey don't cry Baek. It will be okay. I'm here. Please don't cry." Chanyeol whispered softly. I turned my heads towards him. He wiped my tears away and smiled.

I gave him a small smile back and then Mary came in. She sat on the sofa. "Okay, I'll tell you what's going on. Are you ready to know?" Baekhyun tensed up in my arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he melt into them. I smiled and then looked towards Mary with a serious face. "Yes I'm ready."

~End of Chapter 3~

A/N: Lol sorry to leave it off at a cliffhanger xD I hope you guys like this story so far! Hmm, wonder why his parents are being nice all of a sudden. Who knows. Awe the Chanbaek moment though ^.^ Saranghae my Chanbaek shippers!

| Becka-nim |

Words: 1329