Chapter two: A Change of Pace

(Standing outside of a school) 

"Ah, today I'll be working at this high school. Now that I think back, Shizuo, Izaya, and I went to this school....hmm I-za-ya?" 

~whispers~ Guy student: "Eh?" Others: "hmm?" " Guy 1: "Who's that? Is she a new student?" Others: "No way. She's way too hot to be a student, but maybe. Guy 3: "But she's not wearing a uniform" All guys: "hmm? True True." 

Hearing that I blushed because that's when I realized that I had been standing outside of Raira High reminiscing about the past. I quickly entered the school before anyone else noticed. 

(Inside Raira) 

"First class, room D1, first class, room D1, first cla-........ Eh?!"

"Oh my god it's been so long I don't know where anything is!" With a look of distress on my face I heard two sweet warm voices. " Are you lost?"  

I turned around to see two young students. One with black hair and a sweet look and the other with blond and brown hair who looked confident. 

I stared at the blonde-brown boy very closely. 

"Eh? Oh are you amazed by my amazing beauty? " 

I shook my head. "Did you dye your hair? It fades from blonde to brown." 

"No haha fortunately it's all natural." he replied. 

"Really?!" I said enthusiastically. "That's amazing!" 

"We should probably get going, we'll be late." said the other student.  

Looking at my paper the dark haired boy said," Oh that's our classroom. We'll show you the way." I bowed,"Arigatou."  

Oh, my name is Ryuugamine Mikado and this is my friend, Masaomi Kodaka.  

(Morning class) 

~Bing pong~ 

Hello class this is our new aid, Sena Queen Ashigawa. She will be helping students first year to third year so please treat her well. 

"Arigato. Hello my name is Sena but you may call me Yumi or even Senpai if you like, and you don't have to be too formal. Think of me like another student tending."

After lunch and school was over, it was evening. The sunset orange in the sky and the people of Ikebukuro the same as usual. As I'm walking out of the school I seen a figure that look familiar in a way. It made my heart race just to see that figure, so in shock my body acted on it's own. I dropped my stuff and chased after the figure.  

I ran and ran and ran till I ended up in a dark alley. The sun had disappeared from the sky leaving no trace of light. 

"W-w-why did I j-just run?! What w-was that f-feeling." Suddenly I heard a somewhat familiar voice. 

"It was the feeling of the past."  

Shocked, "Who's there?!" 

"The king of games, but we shall meet soon and you will learn who you truly are." said the voice. 

"What do you mean!?"  

With no reply I stood there in the dark ally feeling emotions I've never felt before. I thought, "How do they know me? What did they mean by that?" For a brief minuet there was nothing but silence, then I screamed. Screaming to the top of my lungs holding my head in my hands dropping to my knees,"AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" 

(Narrator) 

Sena didn't know at that moment that she is about to relive her past life that she tried so hard to get rid of. Coming back to her home town she's vulnerable to the darkness of Ikebukuro that she once lived in.