10

Japan honestly felt bad about skipping school for a few month but his boss pulled him out of school to take care of something. He was just glad that everything was over and he was able to go back to school.

He thought of many possible way to apologize as well as a solid excuse to let him off. Of course he can use his "father job" as an excuse but what if they ask for more detail. Then what should he do. Japan thought it would be best to just think of it when the time come. He slide open the door and walk in .

Everyone started at him as soon as he walked in. "Hey Kiku welcome back! " Katou exclaimed .

Kiku bow. "I'm sorry I have been gone for a long time. My father job kept me away from school."

"What kind of thing? " Shimura asked.

"Oh..I'm not sure myself but we have to move away for a while."He lied. He then look over to his friends desk. "Hey Where's Ohta-kun ? "

Tanaka who was sleeping on the desk looked up . "Oh..Hey Kiku."

Japan wanted to ask the same question but the bell rang and school had started.

Nothing has change in the school but Kiku thought it was a little hard to focus without his friend.

By the time the group, come together was after school.

"Well, this sure is unusual." Katou said.

"I wonder what happened. Did he get sick for the first time ever?"Shimura added.

"Could be." Tanaka mumble.

Kiku checked his phone. He would have thought a responsible person like Ohta would had sent a text or something.

"Well.." The red and the blue head stood up. "Tell us if you find out anything. " They walked out saying something about a date.

Tanaka lift up a paper and sigh.

"Isn't that the work that the teacher gave you for Ohta?" Kiku asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know where he live." He repiled back.

"Really?" Kiku thought that the two boys were great friends that they knew where each other house is. But then again Ohta probably knows but Tanaka don't because...well he's Tanaka. "Maybe we can ask Echizen-san , I believe they live near each other."

"That's a great idea Kiku. "He said as he stood up and open the door.
"Echizen-san." He approach the girl. "Perfect timing. Ohta is absent today,and the teacher asked me to take this worksheet to him, you live next to him right? "

Echizen look down to the floor as she walk towards the two putting her hand on Tanaka's shoulder.  "And..you call yourself his friend !" She shouted head butting the boy. "After all he did for you take it yourself !"

A large red bump started to form on Tanaka's head. "Ah, Tanaka-kun !" Kiku exclaimed "Echizen-san ! We were only asking because we don't know where he live."

"Huh?" Echizen growled. "Then why did he accept the worksheet? " She then sigh and turn away. "Jeez, I guess I have no choice. "

--

Kiku who was giving a piggybacking Tanaka stuggle to keep up the Echizen as she turned a corner.

"Kiku are you alright?" Tanaka mumbles.

"Yes...I'm alright." He repiled as he try to walk faster.

"I'm surprised that you two never been to Ohta's place." Echizen said.

"No I been to his house a few time." Tanaka repiled. "But for some reason, I'm always there before I realize it."

Kiku blushed as he nodded . "I'm afraid to admit sometime I do the same too."

"I swear he's spoiling you two, if you consider him your friend , then you should know about it." She paused. "I can't blame Kiku, he been out for a while but you Tanaka should know at least something."

"I guess I should know." Tanaka admits.

The trip to Ohta's house took way longer than Kiku expect it to be. He don't understand why does the sweet girl want to be a delinquent when she enjoy helping everyone around her.

Kiku carefully drop Tanaka to the floor as Echizen ring the doorbell. "Just hurry up and give it to him." She said as the two started to walk towards the door.

Echizen quickly grabbed Kiku and pulled him back. "Not you." She hissed as the door open and Echizen hid behind the stone wall, bring Kiku along.

"Yes." Ohta answered in a bored tone as he looked at the boy in front of him in shock. "Tanaka !"

"I brought you a worksheet."

"Alone ?! Tanaka did this." Ohta looked up to the sky . "For me.."

"No Ech-"

Echizen grab her shoes and threw it at the boy's head.

"I didn't know you could make it on your own. You can do it if you try Tanaka." Ohta continues. "I couldn't go to school today due to unexpected circumstances. "

"It seem like you have a lot going on, so I'll go. I just wanted to bring you the worksheet."

Echizen glare at Tanaka. "How can your friend be that dense?" She asked Kiku.

Kiku shrug. "Maybe he'll learn sooner or later."

---

Kiku sigh as he walked over to Tanaka's house with the said boy on his back. Back in his days boys would run all over the place, of course things like that sill cause trouble. This change of pace really confuses the old nation. Maybe America would know more of it.