Chapter 5

• Dedicated to everybody that supports my book

Shay's Pov *five months later*                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        These past months have been amazing. Kevin has been the best boyfriend ever, I'm so glad I said yes to being his girlfriend. *FLASHBACK*" Yes I would love to be your girlfriend" I said with the brightest smile. " you, you said yes" Kevin said looking surprised." yeah why wouldn't I, you treat me well, your not afraid to hold my hand in public because of how I look, your just a great man all around and I would be a fool not to say yes" I said looking into his eyes. The next thing I know he gave me the most passionate kiss anyone has ever given me.*FLASHBACK OVER* I can say I'm definitely falling for this man, but I can't seem to shake this feeling that something bad is about come up. "babe what movie do you want to watch" Kevin asked me. " it doesn't matter" I yelled from the kitchen getting the popcorn and drinks. Since it's raining and we both didn't have to work we decided to have a movie day. " what did you pick?" I asked cuddling up next to him after sitting the stuff on the coffee table." your favorite, Medea Goes to Jail " he said wrapping his arms around my waist. Yes, that's my movie Medea be having me rolling boy. Thirty minutes into the movie my phone rings. " hello" I answered the phone. " hi, um is this Shay Daniels?" a lady asked." yes this is she" I said confused. " this is Nurse Sherry, I was calling to let you know your mother is in Gregory Memorial Hospital and she isn't doing to well" Nurse Sherry said with sorrow in her voice." um I'll be there as soon as possible, and thank you for notifying me" I said trying to comprehend what she just said." your welcome sweetie, bye now" she said. "bye" I said still lost in my thoughts. I can't believe she's in the hospital, but then I can believe it all the drugs and the prostitution has finally caught up to her." are you alright babe" Kevin said knocking me out of my thoughts. I totally forgot he was even in the room. "um no not really my mom is in the hospital and she isn't doing to well so have to go visit her" I said getting up and going to my room to pack some of my clothes. " well I'm going with you" he said while grabbing my hand and looking into my eyes. " no, you don't have to, I wouldn't want to be a burden on you" I said trying to convince him not to come." you will never be a burden on me so I don't ever want to hear that come out your mouth again, do you hear me?" he said with a commanding voice. I would be lying if I said this side of him didn't turn me on. I swear if i wasn't about to go visit the wicked witch of the west i would definitely jump his bones,consider this coming from a virgin. " okay" i said in a quiet whisper, still trying to recover from the sensation his voice sent to my core. " now that it's all set and done, i'm going to go clean up the mess downstairs then i'll be waiting in the car for you" he said tapping me on the ass before he walked out my room door. I just laughed and continued to pack thinking about how my life changed and is still changing as we speak. For example, i went from being cadged in, abused and not loved  to being free , loved and just cared about which is all i ever wanted. Before I knew it, I was all done packing and ready to go, but not before i left a note for Damon telling him what was going on since i couldn't call him while he is at work." are we going to your house first?" i asked trying to get my mind off of the past." yeah and then since it's a little to late to get plane tickets we'll take the twenty-two hour drive" he said focusing on the rode." okay and thanks for being there for me" i said kissing him on the cheek." your welcome love, i'm going to always be there for through any and every thing" he said taking his eyes off the rode for a second to look at me. I gave him a smile because I was to lost at words, no one has ever been there for me besides Damon and it feels so good to have people care about you when your parents never did. It's just out of this world and amazing, i can't even describe it anymore." we're here babe" Kevin said knocking me out of my thoughts again."dang i really need to stop spacing out" i mumbled to myself getting out of the car." yeah you really do" he said laughing while walking up  the steps of his beautiful house. Let me give you the layout to of his house. It's a two story house with a wrap around drive way and as soon as you walk in your greeted by the most breath taking chandelier you have ever seen.Then his kitchen is probably the best kitchen i have seen so far, but the thing is he doesn't even cook. It still doesn't end there all the rooms have their all little scenery, like one is based off of Africa and another one is spring in Paris. Ugh i just wanna steal his house,but i'm going to stop talking about his house because if i don't boy i the rest of this story will be about this house." I'm going upstairs and pack then we can head out" he said pecking me on the lips before going upstairs." alright, I'm going in the kitchen when your done" I yelled up to him. Not even ten minutes later he was back downstairs."that was fast" i said grabbing my purse." yeah i kind of already has some things packed for a business trip he said while putting his stuff in the trunk."see now i feel bad, my personal problems are messing up your business" i said feeling real bad."you have nothing to feel bad about baby we're in this together" he said grabbing a hold of my hand and kissing it." I love you" i said truly meaning it." I love you too" he said with the most cheesiest smile on his face.Here we come hell aka my hometown Norfolk, VA.