Alfie

It was glum in the room where we were all waiting and Zoe stood up to try and lighten the mood. She was rejected by the group though and felt bad for her as she sat down. I moved closer to her to comfort her. She was only trying to help. 

We all laid back and just waited for a couple hours. Some of us had laptops which we pulled out to edit videos. Others, like me and Zoe, only had our phones which we pulled out to entertain us. The only person who didn't have any device out was Phil. He was still sitting in the window seat refusing to talk to anyone. 

After about three hours a nurse finally came out of Dan's room and said he was allowed to have visitors. Of course, only three at a time so as not to overwhelm him. PJ, Emma, and Chris went in first. Phil didn't move. 

"I can't wait to see him," Zoe said tucking her phone away. 

"Me neither," I said looking at Phil. "Just a sec," I added standing up and walking over to Phil. I sat down next to him but didn't say a word. I don't think he needed sympathy just now, he just needed company. I was happy to give that to him. 

I sat there for about half an hour before Emma, PJ, and Chris came out. "Next three please," the nurse called softly. Tanya, Jim, and Louise stood. I guessed that Zoe and I would be going last. 

"You don't have to do this," Phil said not looking at me. 

"I want to," I said softly. There were no more words spoken between us after that. 

Another half an hour passed. 

"Next three," the nurse called as Tanya, Jim, and Louise exited the room. There were tears in Tanya's eyes. Whatever for I had no idea though. 

I stood up, as did Zoe, and to my surprised Phil. I thought that he might wait until all of us had gone. Another thing I hadn't planned on. All three of us walked into the room. There in the bed was Dan. Bandages upon bandages were on his left leg. I wasn't sure if I could handle this. 

"I'm fine," Dan said with a laugh looking at my pained expression. I laughed too for some reason. Laughter always lightened up a situation. Then Zoe laughed as well and Phil even joined in. That's when I knew everything was going to be all right in the end. 

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! ^_^ xxx