Alfie

I was glad when Zoe picked Hercules to watch. It was one of my favourite Disney movies even though I had only seen it once. I knew it was Zoe's favourite, so I was happy that she picked a movie she liked so much. 

I was even more surprised when she stayed awake throughout the entire movie. She curled up into my arms but kept her eyes open the entire time. I loved being close to her, it made me feel loved and I hoped that it made Zoe feel loved. Because she was so loved. 

The movie ended and I smiled at Zoe who was staring off into the distance. "Want to watch another one?" I asked standing up and stretching. 

"What?" she asked jerking her head to the side and looking at me. I laughed a bit before answering her. 

"Want to watch another one?" I repeated. 

"On one condition," she said with a mysterious grin. 

"What?"

"We have to order pizza!" she said with a giggle standing up and walking over to her phone which was sitting on the windowsill across the room. She dialled the number of the pizza place by memory and I grinned as she held the phone to her ear. 

My vlogging camera was sitting on the table and I reached across to pick it up turning it on and turning it to face Zoe. She was still facing the window as she first spoke. Then she turned around curling her hair around her finger. 

"Yes I'd like a large cheese pizza, a large pepperoni, and two orders of breadsticks please," she said noticing that I was filming her. She gave me a large smile and then started making faces at the camera as she continued talking to the person on the other end of the line. "Thank you!" she said after talking for a few minutes. She clicked her phone off and walked back over to me sitting on my lap. 

"How long until it's here?" I asked her with a yawn. I didn't know why on earth I was tired but then remembered. I woke up before 10 am today which was something I never did. 

"About an hour he said," she said with a yawn as well. I always read that yawns were contagious and it always seemed so true, 

"Awesome! I get to pick the movie now!" I said with a grin sifting through the ones on the table, still vlogging. "Hmmm," I said pretending to be confused about which one I wanted. Then I plucked Mulan off of the stack. It was only my favourite Disney movie of all time. 

"Of course you would pick that one!" Zoe said with a laugh and I turned the camera towards her. "You always pick that one," she added. 

"It's onlt the best Disney movie ever," I said with a grin handing the camera to Zoe and going to the TV to trade it in. 

I then walked over to Zoe, turned the camera off and got back onto the couch, Zoe following me. She curled up next to me and I wrapped my arms around her as the movie started. 

_____________

We were about half way through the movie when there was a knock at the door. Our pizza was here. 

"I'll get it!" Zoe said before I could stand up and get it myself. She was already at the door before I could protest and frankly I was glad she got it. I didn't have to get up. I grabbed the remote from the table and paused the movie. 

She walked around the corner to open the door and I couldn't see her anymore but I could hear her and the person who was dropping off the pizza. 

"So here's your pizza, that will be 25 pounds."

"Thank you," Zoe said and it sounded like she was rifling through her purse for the money. 

"So are you alone tonight?" the delivery person asked. 

"Umm no," Zoe said softly. That was when I had enough. I stood up and walked over to the door with 25 pounds in my hand. 

"Here you go," I said handing him the money and shutting the door. 

"Alfie! No need to be rude," she said walking back into the main room and setting down her purse. 

"He was flirting with you!" I said angrily slumping back on the couch. 

"So? There's no need to be mean like that," she said sitting next to me with a sigh. 

"I'm sorry little one," I said softly, even though I really wasn't. I wanted to protect Zoe for always. I had a brief memory of another time I had to protect Zoe. 

It was before we got together at the end of January. We were hanging out that day in London and at the time were at Nando's. It also just so happened that Zoe's exboyfriend Wilf was there as well. He came up to the table and told Zoe how much he missed her and that he wanted to make things right. 

Let's just say that I was kicked out of that Nando's for punching him. 

I would always protect Zoe. Always. 

xxx