Chapter 11

I've been avoiding my parents. I spend all my free time with Paul. "Hey Paul, when can I go to your house and meet your mommy?" I peered up at him from the floor. I was currently laying on my stomach in the floor, coloring. 

I was bored. School didn't start for a couple more days again. We were still on Spring Break. "When it's safe." He replied, plopping down across from me. He picked up the blue and started to color the water. 

"Paul, your doing it wrong. Water isn't blue." He gave me a confused glance so I quickly explained, "in this book, everything is different."

I picked up the red and colored the girl in the picture. "In this book, anything can happen. People can be red, sky's can be purple, water can be black, even. In this coloring book, everything is different. It just is and I can't explain anything else because I don't know how to."

He nodded. "Hey, have you heard about Bella? She's in the hospital." Paul said as if it didn't matter. "I know. James is dead, Bella's in the hospital, and Edward is freaking out about the Prom in a couple of days. Paul, thanks for being my friend. My best friend." 

He grinned at me before replying, "Lillypad, your my best friend. Forever."

I gave him a crooked smile. So I was stuck in this house for the longest time. Apparently, while I was here with Paul, James had lead Bella to her old studio where he almost killed her. He even bit her but then Edward sucked out the poison. She's still alive and she gets out of the hospital today.

"Paul, can I ask you an important question?" I ask him, not looking at him.

"Anything." There was no hesitation.

"Do you think that if Sapphire came back..." I scrunched up my face, thinking about how I was going to phrase this. "Do you think that if Sapphire comes back here, with mommy and daddy..."

I paused, taking in a breath. "They will still love me?"

I've been thinking about this for the longest time. What if she does replace me and then they don't love me anymore. I'll have to go to another family. Or worse, Sapphire would kill me off.

"Why wouldn't they? Your amazing. Everyone loves you and no one can change that, ever. I may hate bloodsuckers but I know that your parents will always have you in their heart. You can't be replaced. It's impossible, so cheer up. You've got nothing to worry about."

I stared up at him. He said everyone. Paul loves me? Just to make sure, I have to ask him. "Paul, do you love me?" I looked up at him in time to see his face go red and he started to stutter. My hopes plummeted.

I laid my head down on the carpet, forgeting about coloring. I don't know why this was suddenly important. "Lilly. I do love you. So much that it hurts to be away from you. But your only 12. I'm 18. You are still growing and in the mean time, I'm not. Because I'm a shape-shifter, it has stopped me from aging."

I grinned up at him again, instantly feeling relief and joy. "I don't know if I love you but I do like you allot. Promise to wait for me to grow up?" He nodded and I jumped up and tackled him on the ground. 

After that day, we promised to always be there for each other. And we were. He took me to the beach, exploring the cliffs, meeting him mom, and everything. He was the center of my life. I cared about him more than I ever cared about anyone. When his mom was in the hopital, I was there with him, letting him lean on me.

I was his shoulder to cry on and he was mine.

Eventually, time passed and school was over. I was in a white dress. Everyone else had black or red. I loved white so I put up a fight until I was allowed to wear it. I was looking at myself in the mirror when my mommy came down.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, casually. I avoided her eyes. It hasn't been the same since I was informed of Saphire. There has been sights of her in the area so everyone is preoccupied about either Bella's birthday party or finding Saphire.

I heard her sigh before she came over to me. "Your beautiful, Lillian." I looked at what she was wearing through the mirror. She was beautiful. Many was jealous of her. I wasn't because I get to see her all the time.

She started to braid my hair down my back. It went all the way to my waist. "I love you Lillian. You mean everything to me and your father. Just always keep that in mind." She said, while finishing the braid and leaving the room.

I took in a big breath and put on my white flats.

I slowly went downstairs to wait for Bella to arrive. Daddy came over to me and I avoided his eyes as well. He hasn't spoken to me in a while. He just stood beside me while I stood there, staring at everyone. 

After a couple of minutes we heard a truck outside and Edward and Bella were walking through the door. "I installed your birthday present already." Daddy said, laughing afterwards. I stared at Bella with a blank face.

"Tell her happy Birthday." Nicole said. I jumped to my left suddenly, feeling my lungs restricting. 

"Nicole, don't scare me!" I yelled at her. I looked at Bella. "Happy birthday, Bella. I hope you have a great day. Nicole also says happy Birthday!" I piped in. 

"Thanks." She mumbles. I could tell she doesn't like birthdays. "Where is Paul? Isn't he always over here?" She asked.

"He has patrol." I didn't want to tell her that the real reason he isn't here was because she's a "leach Lover". Edward glanced over at me so I sent him a silent, sorry, his way. He nodded and then the conversation shifted to Bella again.

There was a knock on the door. "Got it!" I yelled walked over to the door. I opened it slowly to see a beautiful girl. She has Bright blond hair and the stance of a ballerina. I looked into her eyes and one word came to mind.

"Sapphire?" I asked. She nodded, looking at me with a blank expression. "I came to apologize to you. I tried to kill you, when I was just jealous." I quickly took her hand and gave her a smile, ignoring the coldness of her hands. "Come inside!"

I wanted everything to be normal. I know this girl tried to kill me but at this point, I didn't care. I forgive her. If the situation was flopped, I would have killed her the second I laid eyes on her.

"Mommy, daddy, look whos come back!" I yelled to get their attention. Bella was holding a piece of paper in her hands. She wasn't paying attention, and cut herself with it. It was only a small paper cut but it caused blood to come out. I looked around, cautiously.

Saphire and Jasper both snarled. I only had time to look over at Sapphire before she pounced on me, sending me and her flying through the living room. I landed back against the wall, in a hole.

The force of her hitting me cause my head to hit the wall really hard. My vision was swimmer and I could feel the pain from the impact. It felt like my back was on fire and my left arm felt like it had been ripped off.

I let out a horrible scream when I heard her growl, on top of me. Suddenly, she was pulled off of me and I fell to the floor, losing consciousness.  

________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys like it! I wrote this as soon as I got home from school, and now I'm off to work, Yuck. 

Thanks for the comments! (: