// iii

mirariablue49

Darquesse stood looking over the town. She'd never been there before, but she was going to destroy it anyway. The people were worthless to her, just mortals doing mundane things. They wouldn't bring the end of the world any quicker and she found it fun, watching them run as the town burnt around them, the last look of despair they gave her as she destroyed them.

Her long black hair blew in the wind as she spotted her first victims. She smiled and with a flick of her wrist the destruction began. Houses burnt down everywhere and she listened gleefully to the screams. They were music to her ears.

Of course other mages tried to stop her, but they were no match, she didn't even have to look at them. Anyone who came after Darquesse had a death wish.

Suddenly, she sensed movement and she turned to face a girl, not much younger than herself. The sorcerer had a look of determination on her face, flames curling round her hands.

"My master is looking for you, he's going to destroy you," the girl told Darquesse

"Is he indeed?" Darquesse chuckled, intrigued to find out who she'd get to track down and kill next.

"Who is your foolish master then?" she asked. The girl looked unfazed.

"My master is Nefarian Serpine."

The girl chucked a fireball at Darquesse, but she dodged easily.

"Somebody's annoyed. Now, give me the pleasure of knowing the name of the next person I get to kill," she snarled, baring her teeth.

The girl began to quiver as Darquesse closed in on her.

"My name is Day Blazeon and you, Darquesse, are a foul monster."

The young goddess only cackled. "Well Day, I really appreciate the compliment but I think that we'd better say goodbye. It was nice knowing you."

She clicked her fingers and Day's skull shattered.

Well that was fun, she thought to herself. Now to find Serpine.

As Darquesse rose from the ashes of the town that was no more, her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of an engine. She looked behind her only to see the all too familiar Bentley.

Well I guess he did come to look for me, she thought while she floated towards the car, smirking. "Hello Skulduggery, fancy seeing you here. "

💀💀💀
"I'm placing you understand arrest for murder, attempted murder and, I don't know, possibly littering."
- Derek Landy; sp