Part 5

I got up and walked around the room, there were a lumpy bed and a table with a singular light bulb hanging over it. There was a door that was made of steal, I walked up to it and pulled on the handle. It was locked. I banged on the door, I heard footsteps coming towards the door, then the sound of a key been inserted into the lock. Then the door opened and a man wearing black with the word security on it. He looked really buff and serious.

"Hey um... Where am I? And how did I get here?" I asked in hesitaion, the man laughed as if I was making a joke or been sarcastic.

"Ha ha ha..." Then his face went straight.

"Oh, your serious."

I looked at him in frustration.

"Yes, now tell me what happened!" I demanded.

"You honestly don't remember?" I looked at him as if I just found out that the sky was green and I thought that it was blue the whole time.

"Your, friend? He died and you went a bit crazy and we had to put you in a cell." He smiled pathetically.

"My friend? What do you... Mark? he's... gone?" I pused and nearly burst out cring.

If you have ever lost someone who was close to you, related or was your friend. Then you know what I felt. But if you haven't, you can't possibly imagine the pain.

The man looked at me strangely.

"No, he was pronounced dead for one and a half minutes, but they revived him."

This was the best news I have ever heard. I had a tear coming down my cheek.

"He's in his room, I can take you to him if you want?"

"Yes, Yes! Thankyou." I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I was so overfilled with joy, I didn't know what to say.

~*~

We got to Marks room, he was sitting up in his bed looking at the light on his side table. Then he noticed me and looked my way and gave a little smile. I tried to hold it in but tears were already coming down my checks. I ran up to Mark and hugged him and cried on his shoulder. He hugged my tightly and also started to cry. I pulled away and said;

"Mark, I am so sorry, this is all my fault! I'm just glad you're okay." Before he could respond I hugged him again.

For that moment in time, everything was better. Mark was okay, and that was all that mattered. Or so i thourght.