7 - The Visit

18 Years Ago...

She sighed.

"Who does he get such good looks from...? Every time I take him out, people keep talking to me and I can't do a thing."

"Then take me instead of Hyun!" He said. "I don't think he likes going outside. I think he doesn't like people trying to touch him."

"You come home late from school," she said. "I'm worried that he doesn't like going to kindergarten. He says all the other kids bother him."

"I'm sure they do," he said. He gritted his teeth, anger flashing in his eyes. He was able to calm himself down however. "Ever since he turned seven, he's been losing his baby fat and getting more handsome by the day! Why do we look so different? And he has such a pretty voice..."

"Who's knows?" She asked. "But I'm worried he'll be TOO good looking."

"Why? It's nice to have a handsome son."

"People tend to be nicer to those with good looks and they end up becoming really naive. If he decides to become a singer, it'll be trouble."

"Don't worry about that now!" He exclaimed. Anger flashed in her eyes.

"Look at your cousin!" She yelled. "He started to play in the band or something in highschool. Now, he's starting to see girls and smoke! A student has to study, nothing else."

"Hyun's doing fine in kindergarten right now. I'm sure he'll be fine."

"Of course he has to do well! Two teachers are raising him," she said, smiling. "You can do just as good right now and go to law school. Hyun will be a doctor, lawyer, or maybe a professor. We only have successful people in our family. Even if Hyun does well right now, he has to go to a good middle school and high school."

~~~

I awoke to the beautiful rays of the sun. The sky was a beautiful coral pink with clouds lightly dusting the horizon. I sat up and stretched.

"What a great day..." I muttered. I rubbed my eyes and stood up. I walked towards the bathroom, brushing my teeth and doing other morning things.

"What should I wear?" I picked out a pretty top with a simple glitter pattern with a scarf. I usually don't wear skirts, but I felt special today for some reason. I chose a simple pleated skirt.

I made myself some toast and began eating. My breakfast was quickly finished. Soon after cleaning up the table, a chatroom opened.

"[Username]! Good morning. I haven't had breakfast yet but I'm sure you did?"

"I did! You should eat properly too," I replied.

"Yeah..." He sent a sticker into the chat. "Seven should stop eating junk food. All he ever eats is those Honey Buddha Chips. At least Yoosung cooks his own meals..."

"What?? Honey Buddha Chips?! How did he find them? They're so hard to get!"

"He helped catch a gang that was smuggling those chips. He was paid in those chips lol."

"I want to try them... Get one for me!"

"I'll do whatever I can to get one!" Suddenly, the mood dropped. "I...talked on the phone with the director. I told him that I wouldn't be able to make the rehearsals but I couldn't...finish telling him the whole story. So I told him I wasn't well..."

"Zen..."

"I can't believe I lied to him..." I sighed.

"I know it's hard but you know you always have to tell the truth..."