ONE

ONE

Three years of being in the Sidemen was more than an achievement, it was a dream come true. Doing what they loved everyday and being able to live off it was something every man and woman strives for.

And they'd done it.

They'd more than done it and they were still doing it. Youtube was stressful, but the rewards more than made up for the stress of creating content.

Dallas had to congratulate them on that, even if it was only silently in her mind. She would never dream of reaching out to any of them now, not after she'd left so suddenly. Reaching out to Simon now would merely be a shot in the dark. Even if he did remember her, he probably wouldn't reply.

She leans her head back against her seat in first class on her flight back to Britain after all these years. Sure, she'd visited a couple of times, but today she was finally moving back. After growing tired of the LA scene, she decided that maybe Britain would refresh her. On the plus side, it meant she got to see Violet again.

She'd missed Violet a lot. When she was going through therapy and such she wished Violet was there on command to come and comfort her with her jokes and stories that made Dallas feel a little better about herself.

She was going to see her tonight as a surprise. She'd already made the reservation for them to have a catch up meal at an Italian restaurant local to her apartment. She just hoped Violet didn't have any plans for the night because she wasn't taking no for an answer. She was taking her best friend out for Italian food and that was that.

Stubborn was something her father had always described her as, but she never really thought about it much herself until she was older where she realised that being stubborn wasn't such an awful thing. Sometimes it came in handy. For instance, it prevented her from coming back to Britain before now because she wasn't ready.

She was hard on herself: stubborn to what she wanted to achieve. Dallas would not return until she'd gotten to the point she wanted and now that had finally arrived and she today wore the beaming smile to prove it.

Not only was she stubborn, Dallas was driven. She knew exactly what she wanted and wouldn't hold back until she got there.

That's how she managed to get her dad to help her with expenses for moving back to Britain. Without him, she wouldn't have been able to afford such a nice apartment. She told herself that it was just until she was brought into the company and established, but whether or not that was true she didn't know because going into her dad's company wasn't what she wanted to do as a living.

Dallas Edlen wanted to be known.

Not that she wasn't known, but to the extent that she wanted to be known for her own accomplishments, not her father's company or her mother's long-gone modelling career and alcohol abuse.

She was the rich man's daughter and the alcoholic's punching bag. When that story came out, there was shock that rocketed through everyone who knew them. It was even worse when the world found out about her expulsion. Dallas was told to lay low. To keep to herself and to keep herself out of the headlines.

So she did. She studied and she studied hard until she came out of school with good grades and her entire life ahead of her.

Dallas found a love for interior design not long after she left Britain. It was her aunt's fault. She got her into it when she dragged her along to her work one weekend and now it was Dallas' dream job.

That was partly why she was back.

She'd gotten herself a job high up in the interior designing career, through contacts of her aunt, and was set to start in a month.

Dallas couldn't have been more excited about it. In fact, she already knew exactly what she was going to wear.

-

Hours later, Dallas was filled to the brim with happiness. After briefly going up to her new apartment to dump her stuff and change into fresh clothes, she got in the car her dad told her would be there and began on her journey to Violet's. It wasn't far, but it felt like it. She couldn't wait to see her friend again.

Grinning, she pulls up to Violet's apartment and jumps out. In her littler red dress, she near enough runs to the elevator and presses the button for Violet's floor. She carries on grinning as she runs down the corridor in her heels as soon as the door opens, ignoring the glares of passers-by, and knocking on Violet's door forcefully.

The anticipation couldn't be contained.

When the door opens, the look on Violet's face is immediate confusion and then overwhelming joy. She throws herself on Dallas, wrapping her arms around her.

"You're back!" Violet exclaims, squeezing her tightly. So tightly that Dallas thought her ribs were going to pop out.

"At last," Dallas sighs. "Now get yourself dressed up because we're going out and there's nothing you can say to make me change my mind."

-

890 words
I feel like this was a little introduction to what the hell dallas was doing in between the two books.